1. Your review will help other readers decide whether or not to make a product, which is always a good thing. As well, it'll give readers information on how to modify the product, if they wish.
2. It gives me an idea of which products and ingredients you like, and which ones you don't like.
3. I'm hoping to compile the most popular recipes into a collection to share with you, my wonderful readers. I recognize it can be hard to find what you want when I have almost 2300 posts, and if I get an idea of what you like the most, it'll make it easier to figure out how to categorize them on the blog and in future e-books.
4. It helps me spend my time formulating recipes and using ingredients that interest you.
What I am seeking in your reviews?
- How did you make the recipe? Did you change anything? Did you add something? Did you remove something? If so, why?
- How did you make it? Did you use a stick blender or a mixer? Did you heat and hold?
- What was the final skin feel of the product? How did you package it?
- Would you make this product again? If not, why not?
- What else do you think other makers of this recipe should know?
You don't have to post your version of the recipe if it's really close to my original, but if you've changed it dramatically, we'd love to see your modifications. Please write any recipes you post in percentages so it's easier for others to follow. (For information on how to do that, please check out this post.)
Here are the basic rules:
- Please put the review for the recipe in the correct recipe, not in a random post. If you can't find the post for recipe - for instance, if it came from an e-book - then write to me directly and give me the page number from the e-book or the complete name of the recipe as it is written in the e-book, and I'll post it.
- You have to put your name on the post. If you don't have a Google account or prefer not to leave your name, please use your name or a nickname in the comment - a friendly, "Bye, (first name or nickname)" will do.
- You really should subscribe to or bookmark the post in which you put your review so you can see if you won. If you win, I will post the information on that blog comment on the Saturday of every week.
- You have to be honest. If you didn't like the product, please be really clear about why you didn't like it or why you won't make it again. (This will not count against you when it comes to drawing the names for the prizes. I really want your feedback!)
- You can write as many reviews as you want in a week. There is no limit.
The prize? I will draw two names at random a week to win an e-book. If you win and already own the e-books, you'll be one of the first to get the facial products e-book when it's done. (Soon, I promise!) As well, anyone who contributes a recipe may be asked to be a reviewer of the new facial e-book! And, the best of all, you'll have the wonderful feeling of knowing you've contributed something positive to the bath & body making community and helped your fellow crafters!
How long will the contest run? That depends upon you, my wonderful readers! If this works and you contribute your thoughts, then I'll keep it going for as long as you want to participate! I can't wait to see what you write!