Sunday, March 19, 2017

I know the links to the PDFs aren't working

Thanks for letting me know. As I wrote in the previous post, I know they aren't working and I'm trying to figure it all out because I haven't done anything to Dropbox to cause this. I know the search has changed as well, something I mentioned in the previous post. I can't change that, lamentably.

Update: Dropbox decided that free users would no longer be able to share files with links as of March 15, 2017. They claim they sent out email about this, but no one seemed to have received these messages. They are discontinuing public folders for business users in September, so it's not like spending $13 a month would solve the problem. Besides, I don't want to reward Dropbox's jerky behaviour by signing up for a monthly account. I would still have to do all kinds of work to get the links working again.

Anyone have suggestions for a reliable, affordable file hosting site? I'm a die hard Mac user. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!


Update of update: You can download the charts and the tables of contents for the e-zines and e-books now. My husband has been working on this all day, and there's still miles to go before he sleeps. Thank you, adorable husband!!! We will return to your regularly scheduled programming soon...

7 comments:

Mother Pearl said...

Success! Link works fine for me.

Tim

Salina said...

The link did not work for me.

Unknown said...

I use Keep&Share and like it a lot.
I am Christine and what ever I do, my comments always come out as anonymous :-(

DeeAnna said...

Susan -- You may want to consider converting your blog from free hosting on blogger.com to a paid domain and website. Then you'd have sufficient server space to write your blog, uplodad files as you see fit, and not depend on others so much. The blog could be created through Wordpress, so you'd have an cloud-based interface for your writing. You would upload PDF and any other files from your local computer to the website via FTP. The FTP program you might use varies depending on your local computer's operating system and your preferences, but once you make a choice of program and get it set up, the process to upload (or download) files is straightforward. --DeeAnna

Clare J said...

Google Drive? You get 15 GB storage for free and you can link to the files.

Organic Label Natural&Conscious said...

google drive maybe

A.S. Galvan said...

I would also suggest Google Drive. Your PDFs aren't so large that you'd run out of storage quickly. 15 GB would last a long time.