Monday, September 26, 2016

My latest e-zine is for sale

My latest e-zine, Gels: Ooey Gooey Fun! is now for sale in the e-books and e-zine section of the blog. I'm so excited to share my love of carbomers, gels, and thickeners with you in this 34 page e-book packed to the rafters with new recipes with new ingredients, like Sepimax ZEN and EMT 10 as well as carbomer in the form of Ultrez 20. Learn to make eye gels, facial cleansers, moisturizers, body washes, toners, spot treatments, after shaves, and more. As I promise on the cover, it's ooey gooey fun!

As a note, I'm teaching a class on this topic at Voyageur Soap & Candle on November 5th at 9:30! It should be great fun as we make after shave, toner, cleanser, and eye gels in this quick 3 hour class!

If you're interested in receiving my monthly e-zine when it comes out, check out my Patreon page for more information. 

As a note, all the money raised by the sale of these e-zines goes directly to me and my family. The proceeds from the e-books still goes 100% to the youth programs my husband and I run called Rated T for Teen. Just wanted to make that distinction. 

And you can continue to get issue 1 of the e-zine, Summer Products, though the same link on the blog. 

Thank you for all your kind and continued support of the blog, the youth programs, and me! 


Eli (Beauty Blog) said...

Hi Susan. First of all thanks for your blog, it's a God send, and everytime I receive the updates in my e-mail I get giddy. Second, I'm fairly new to DIY formulating: I have started making lotion from scratch thickening it with xanthan gum, but I've found that xanthan gum leave un unpleasant residue when you rub on the lotion (like the dark stringey things you get when erasing something on a paper with a rubber). Taking into account that I live in Spain and some gels and thickeners are hard to find (like Carbopol Ultrez), can you recommend me another thickener that melts in your skin without leaving residue?
Thank you for your wonderful work (and sorry for my English!)

lai said...

Hi Susan, I am an avid follower of your expertise. I have a question about gels. Can you advise on or point to any information about making my own Magnesium Gel?

Admin said...

Hey susan! Hope you are doing fine! Could you teach me a little bit about makeup primers? Or oil controlling setting sprays like urban decays's? I think most primers are silicone based.. It makes me nervous to put a lot of silicones in my face, or is it completely safe? I feel like they will clog my pores. Any insight on formulating this kind of products would be great! Thank you, have a good day :)

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Eli. I'm wondering if you could post this in a more appropriate place, like a post on xanthan gum, as no one will see your question and answer here. The short answer is that without knowing your product and the exact ingredient list in percentages, it's impossible to make a suggestion for another ingredient you could use.

Hi Lai! I'm wondering if you could post this in a more appropriate place, ike a post on gels or one magnesium oil lotions?

Hi Admin! I'm wondering if you could find a more appropriate place on the blog to post this question, like in make-up primers or something on silicones.

I'm asking for these questions to be placed elsewhere as people won't see them if you are asking them somewhere that isn't relevant. Which means the time and energy I put into answering them isn't productive. Do a quick search for a related topic and please ask the question there. Remember, I need your full recipe in percentages and process if you are asking about a specific recipe.