Saturday, September 17, 2016

My classes at Voyageur & Newbie Tuesday facial cleansers

Hi everyone! If you're playing along with the Newbie Tuesday facial cleansers group, don't forget to check in with us to share which recipe you used and what you thought of it. We'll be looking at various ways to modify the product this upcoming Tuesday, then making more versions the week after next! Please visit that post or this one on modifications with cationic polymers to make your comments!

And a reminder that I'm offering classes at Voyageur Soap & Candle this season! I think I have some space left in the new gels class (November 9th), Advanced Lotion Making (October 22nd), and Formulating Hair Products (December 3rd). And we're talking about offering other classes, like easy Christmas gifts and advanced advanced lotion making. If you have any suggestions, please comment below or e-mail me!

I better run! There's fun to be had today in the lotion making 101 class!

4 comments:

Jznetf said...

Was in your lotion 101 class today. I have to say it was information overload, but that is okay. I could have listened to you talk for days. You are an amazing teacher. Your passion is so amazing and inspiring. Thank you Susan!

Jznetf said...

Was in your lotion 101 class today. I have to say it was information overload, but that is okay. I could have listened to you talk for days. You are an amazing teacher. Your passion is so amazing and inspiring. Thank you Susan!

Arismac said...

G'day Susan, I am still going on about my solid lathering lotion bar (low pH body cleaner) for ageing, dry skin. I have found a source of sodium cocoyl isethionate and sodium lauryl sulfoacetat and have ordered both.

Am I correct in thinking that I use SCI at the rate of 50% and all the other ingredients make up the other 50%? If this is correct should I be using any water at all?

Thanks and cheers
Mac

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Jznetf! Sorry for the overload! I hope you enjoy the class. How are you liking your products?

Hi Arismac! Have you looked at how to formulate shampoo bars yet on this blog? Go into the hair care section and check out all the links there and your question will be answered! :-)