Friday, September 9, 2016

I'm going to Vegas, baby!

Hey everyone! I'm a presenter at the the 2017 conference for the American Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild, leading the workshop, Facial Moisturizers 101, which is described thusly:

Join Susan Barclay Nichols for an exciting, interactive demonstration during which you'll learn how to make emulsified facial moisturizers from scratch, then how to adapt and customize these products for your skin type using different oils and emulsifiers. Learn how to include botanical extracts, vitamins, proteins, skin conditioners, and cosmeceuticals like allantoin, niacinamide, n-acetyl glucosamine, and more.

I have a ton of thoughts on what we can do in the group, but I know it'll be great fun. I'm so excited to be asked to attend!

In case you were wondering, the reason I have a picture of Raymond in a Viking helmet illustrating this piece is because we took it in Las Vegas during our last trip. It was that, or one of Raymond eating a 3/4 pound hot dog. This one won because, you know, Vikings! 

2 comments:

Carolyn Openshaw said...

This is so awesome. I'll be sitting in the front row !

Kath Collard said...

Woohoo sounds fantastic. Congrats and have fun.