Wednesday, July 6, 2016

What's happening, Swift?

Sorry for the lack of posts, but it's been really stressful around here dealing with family health issues! Rest assured I've been working on blog things, like developing new recipes for the upcoming summer products e-zine my July Patreon subscribers will receive, and writing posts. (That's an awesome aloe vera gel! It feels as nice as it looks!)

Thank you for your kind words about continuing to answer comments (found in this post). I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

And thanks for your comments on the Newbie Tuesday facial products series. We have a looming postal strike in Canada, so that, combined with the stuff going on in my life, means we'll be pushing back the starting date for that series. I have been talking with a company about offering kits to go along with the series, so I hope to have some news about that soon.

Thanks for your patience with me. It honestly feels like my life was turned upside down on March 14 when I found out I was being bumped from the job I love so much. I was lucky to be continue doing it on a part time basis, but that's been a massive change in my life that I'm still processing. (There's a lot more going on, but my mom is a very private person and I will respect her privacy by not discussing what's going on in her life.) I'm so fortunate to have such lovely readers who offer me kindness and support during trying times. Thank you!


Sherra Murphy said...

You do good work in the world, Susan - there will be people everywhere sending you good thoughts. I'm a long time reader, first time commenter. I've learned so much here, and the information you provide really helps people take a bit of control over some of the hype promulgated by the beauty industry, and the 'natural' industry as well!
All the best to you and your family. Sherra

Kelly Stevens said...

Sorry to hear things are so stressful right now, Susan. You do what you have to do - we'll be right here. Besides, we have your wonderful blog full of things to learn and recipes to try to keep us busy.

Sending you good thoughts,


JBAUM said...

Just started going through your blog. Thank you for all the dedication and personality in every post. My best wishes that things ease up for you in the near future.

Thanks again fo all you do,

Bub├ętos said...

Sending you love and kind thoughts from London.
Long time reader too but never commented before.

Thank you for everything you share.


Ruth H said...

sometimes life happens, and when it does we have to take care of ourselves..
and by all means, you, your mom, and your health and well being come first.
praying for your family...

Unknown said...

dear susan, you'll be fine. you have all the blessings and best wishes from us. Love your blog and thank you thank you thank you thank you. ashata from thailand.

Angela Yeseul Cho said...

Hi Susan,
I am sorry to hear about what's going on.
Your dedication to this blog is very much appreciated and simply amazing.
Sending you best wishes.


Valerie Tinga said...

Hey Susan,
Um, yeah, lack of posts?
Do you know you have made 2,621 posts on your blog so far?
After reading your blog for over three years, I am still playing catch up on a lot of it.

Please, don't push yourself too hard. And PLEASE don't EVER feel bad for not giving enough.
That is just ridiculous. You have given SO MUCH already.

If your Mom needs you that is all I need to hear. Period.
That is what is important.

There are plenty of jobs out there. But you only have one mom.


Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Wow, thank you so much for your kindness during this pretty awful period in my family's life. You are all so lovely, and remind me why I have been able to keep the passion and enthusiasm for blogging for the last seven years! You've brought me to tears - good ones, I promise - and it means so much to me! Thank you!

Valerie Tinga said...

I really love how there are readers from all over the world! Thailand, US, England, the list goes on.
Its a real family of formulators that you have brought together Susan.
thank you, thank you, thank you!!

LS said...

I hope that all the changes will work out for the best!

Denise Williams said...

Hi Susan! Any news on the newbies facial products series? I've been reading the blog for ages but haven't got my finger out to start trying to make any of your awesome recipes yet. Hopefully I won't miss the start and can join in the formulate-along from over here in the UK. Hope the family is doing better and thanks for that s great forum :)

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Denise. I'm hoping to get to the list next week and post it. It's a very stressful time for my family right now, and I'm afraid that the blog hasn't been foremost on my mind. I hope that will change next week.