Friday, July 1, 2016

All kinds of administrative stuff about Patreon; one ingredient, five products; facial products; and more...

Happy Canada Day, everyone! I generally celebrate July 1st by being out of my home and native land camping and visiting my American friends, but we're home this week, and I've been busy in the workshop making all kinds of wonderful and wacky things with new and familiar ingredients. (I have been listening to a Vancouver band, Unleash the Archers, in honour of the day! All I need is a Tim Horton's dougnut, some Hickory Sticks, and more words with the extra "u" and I'm a happy Canadian, eh?)

I wanted to offer you a gentle reminder about my Patreon page, where you can subscribe to the blog to help me write more posts, create more recipes, and share more with you, my wonderful readers. There are different levels of subscription, but the $10 per month subscription will get you a copy of my upcoming e-zine, Summer products!

Right now, if you subscribe after the 1st of the month, your subscription will start on the first of the next month. (So if you read this July 2nd, your subscription would start August 1st.) Which means you don't get access to the exclusive things until then. This may change in the future - it's a Patreon thing, not a me thing - and I'll update you when that happens!

And thank you to all my lovely subscribers! Don't forget to visit the Patreon feed to see the duplicated product recipes, the Q&A, and the e-zine! 

I've chosen a one ingredient, five products ingredient and it's xanthan gum! Look for that series to start in the next few weeks. (As you can see, I've been playing with it a bit already!)

I'm working on the supply list for the Newbie Tuesday series coming up on facial products...but there's a bit of a snag. We have a pending postal strike in Canada, which means I'm not sure how people might get their supplies.

If you're interested in that series, I'm wondering if you want to get a list for all the products we'll be making or by product? Let me know!

Hope you're having a lovely day and an even more lovely weekend to come!

10 comments:

Eli (Beauty Blog) said...

Yayyyyy xanthan gum!!!<3

random thoughts said...

I'm really interested in seeing that list of ingredients. I love your site. I learn so much

ingenting said...

Yesssssssssss I was rooting for xanthan gum!!
And now I have no choice but to order it, along with the face products ingredient list, this summer :D

As I do all of my diy cosmetics orders in bulk, I'd prefer to have a list of all ingredients in one go. At $12 per order, the shipping costs make it too expensive to place multiple small orders.

electrikat65 said...

I was just reading "angry rants". Are sea monkeys really GMO? I bought some in my 20's because my Mom wouldn't let me have them as a kid. Very dissappointed. And I made some awesome springtime hand lotion today from your fantastic e-book!

Christina said...

I think the complete list would be best. Initially, I thought that per product would be best in case one didn't want to make every product in the series, but as someone above pointed out, shipping can get a little crazy.

MIcol said...

I would like the whole list set up with the name of the product and the ingredients we will need under each. I'm asking for the moon, but for me this is based on 2 factors. One: I may not want to make each product; Two: The cost of the ingredients/additives in a product. Many Thanks for sharing your knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!

ORE Estudio said...

YAY! I would love to see how I could thicken my liquid soap or shampoo with Xanthan gum!!! thank you Susan you are the best.

Monika Bartlov√° said...

I agree with MIcol. Having both would be great to decide wheater I want to make this particular product or not, giving me still the chance to purchase in large. Niki

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi electrikat! I think you're using the big bad scary definition of GMO, rather than the more practical version. They're GMO in the sense that my malti-poo Blondie dog is GMO: They put two animals who could breed together and let them do what came naturally. A few types of tiny shrimp were put into a tank and allowed to breed. Then those offspring were allowed to breed. And so on. Before they knew it, they had some interesting shrimp who had all kinds of cool features!

electrikat65 said...

But they never sat around the table like in the comic book so I fed them to the fish. I don't know why people confuse GMO with hibridized and cross breeding. If that were the case we would all be GMO. if it can happen in nature without any help from a scientist then it isn't GMO. But they must not mess with the seamonkeys.