Saturday, November 28, 2015

Last Saturday of November is always great fun!

It has been an incredibly busy few weeks around our house! An epic Blind Guardian concert, a night out at karaoke, and quite a few excellent craft groups, including bath bombs, soaps, and these lovely soy candles have all kept us really busy! (Thanks to Nicole at Voyageur Soap & Candle for teaching us this project! To learn more, click here!)

A quick reminder that registration for the 2016 Canadian Soapmakers' Guild convention is open now! Kevin Dunn will be speaking, which will be awesome. I'm presenting two classes - facial products and lotion making - which will be great fun. To learn more, visit them at

Thank you for your kind wishes for my back. It's never been this bad before, and I'm having good days and bad days, sometimes on the same days! I'm working out, getting massages, and following not one but two doctors' orders. Here's to hoping it'll be better soon with some new things we're trying! 

I've really dropped the ball on men's products this month, and I hope to resume that idea along with the series I started in September about designing your products as a line around Christmas when I get my time off. 

For now, let's talk about products! What're you making? What questions do you have about the things you either wish to make or are making? Do you need some troubleshooting for problems you've had? Do you have a product you'd like to try? What's on your mind? I'd love to hear from you! I need a bit of inspiration to figure out what to write about next, and I'd love to hear what interests you!

I am going back to some open posts to see what interests you, but I'd like to hear more from you now! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

I have just started making whipped shea butter and I wondered what were the benefits were of melting, cooling and whipping vs just whipping? I've seen you use both methods.