Monday, October 19, 2015

What a conference!!!

Wow! I've just arrived home from the Canadian Guide of Soapmakers, Chandlers, and Cosmetic Crafters' 2015 conference in Banff, Alberta, and I'm exhausted! My feet hurt from standing, my throat hurts from talking way too much, and my cheeks hurt from smiling. It was amazing being surrounded by people whose passion is bath & body products, and I met so many talented and creative soapers! (I'll be writing more about these fantastic people over the next week or two!) It was like being a kid in a wonderfully fragranced candy store!

This year,  I offered two workshops on making shampoo and making lotion. I'd like to thank everyone who attended! You were incredible. I really want to thank Corissa (Crazy Fox Organics), Georgy, and Krystal for all your cleaning help. I wouldn't have made it back to my hotel room in one piece without your assistance! (I know I've missed thanking some people, and I apologize. I think Saturday was the craziest day of my life, and I know I missed a lot of what was going on!)

If you're interested in taking a class with me, I offer them at Voyageur Soap & Candle in Surrey, B.C. We'll be coming up with a schedule in the next week or two, which I'll post on the blog! As well, I've been invited to next year's conference, and I'm happy to take suggestions for classes before that event! 

If you enjoyed the classes, check out the e-books I've written on the topics of hair care and lotions. Every single penny you donate for these e-books go to the youth programs Raymond and I run in Chilliwack. I've also written e-books on facial products, anhydrous products, and formulating creams and lotions.

And I think we really need to recognize the amazing sponsorship of Voyageur Soap & Candle. Without them, I wouldn't have been able to offer the classes at all, and they were so generous with the supplies and equipment. Nicole and Loreta were kind enough to drive me to and from the conference from Calgary, help me set up and clean up, and hang out with me when I tried to do karaoke! Nicole put on a great soy candle making class, and Loretta gave out door prizes with every meal and shared her passion and enthusiasm with everyone she talked to at the booth and the conference halls. I know Tammy and her staff in Surrey put a lot of work into organizing the supplies and equipment in the face of changing lists for the few weeks before the conference! Voyageur really went over and above the call of duty to make this conference and the classes amazing! I cannot thank them enough!

I want to thank Lindalu and the Board of Directors for the group for putting on such a lovely conference. This was a big big event, and they made it work! Can't wait to see what'll happen next year!

I think it's time for me to continue the lying down on the couch portion of the day, snuggling with a Blondie dog, and drinking Earl Grey tea from a giant mug! I'll have more stories of our adventures in Banff soon!

3 comments:

Shawna Lacharite said...

You are most welcome.. It was a fantastic weekend for sure. My head is still spinning from all the new information I received.. It was a pleasure to meet you,Susan, to put a face to the woman that I have learned so much from.. See you again soon

Georgy

Anonymous said...

It really was a fantastic weekend. I am so glad that I was able to meet you and to tell you how much you have inspired me. I learned so much, and met so many other great people. It was simply fabulous to spend the whole weekend with people whose eyes didn't glaze over when I mentioned soap!

Thanks again for all you do for us.
Myrna

Jill hipbees said...

I had a real blast taking your classes. I look forward to reading even more of your blog posts and purchasing your e-books!
Thanks for your hard work and enthusiasm!!
Jill