Saturday, September 19, 2015

Less than a month until the conference!

Thank you to everyone for sending me all your kind thoughts about my back. It is getting better, but sitting up is still pretty painful. I've been going to massage twice a week, and it helps so much! I'm not ready to get into the workshop as I can't stand for a long time, but I think I can do some writing tomorrow! 

I can't believe it's less than a month until the first Canadian Guild of Soapmakers, Chandlers, and Cosmetic Crafters' conference in Banff! (You can find more information here - I'll be there offering two workshops - lotion making and hair care products - and there are tons of things to do there, including candle making, soap and business workshops, and more! Plus, you get to spend the weekend talking about making stuff! I can't wait to be surrounded by people who will know what humectants are!

If you're going, I'd love to meet up! If you can, keep an eye on this blog for some ideas of where we could meet once we get there and learn what's there! (Anyone want to find a karaoke place with me?) 

And if you are taking one of my workshops, do you have an idea of something you'd like to know or learn? Don't worry, I have a plan, but it's always fun to modify it on the fly as per the interests of the group! 


CC Mirabella said...

Awesome! This sounds so fun, I wish I didn't live so far....can't wait to hear about your experience ;)

CC Mirabella said...

It's funny to me I feel the same way when you say "I can't wait to talk to someone that knows what a humectant is" lol I find myself talking to people all the time about ooh catatonic compounds, & the chemistry of our hair, emulsifiers, hydrolyzed proteins ect..any number of things on your blog and no one knows what I'm talking about..I expect them to be as fascinated as I am by the CHEMISTRY of all this. I swear if our youth were introduced to chemistry like this I think we'd have some serious increase in an interest in chemistry. It's so absolutely fascinating I'm obsessed thanks mostly to your way of teaching and explaining of this!!

Pepper7 said...

Susan, Glad to hear you are feeling better ! I wish I lived in Canada, I would definitely meet up and do karaoke !

Elizabeth Aqui-Seto said...

Susan, I wish I could attend and hope you'll have lots to share with your readers.

One comment worth noting in your conversations with others: I'd love to see more Canadian suppliers carrying more products that are only available in the US, like hyaluronic acid and many other 'actives; among a few items that are only available online in the US. With the high exchange rate on the US/Cdn $, I've had to rethink spending in the US. I wish companies like Voyageur in BC, that is so close to the US border, could begin carrying some of the prods that e.g Lotioncrafter, Formulatorsampleshop among a few others, carry. I realize of course this is wishful thinking, but hey, I can ask.


Corissa Jones said...

I will be there! I can't wait to be around others who are as passionate about handcrafting products as I am. Looking forward to your work shops and learning more! I would really like to meet up too, that is if I can beat all your fans to it! Haha. What an exciting event, in such a beautiful spot.

MicheleJ said...

I will be there and am taking one of your hair care classes. I can't wait! Have read your blog over and over again so many times and use many of your recipes. So excited to meet you in person. Not sure if you're driving or flying, but if you're coming through Calgary and need a hand with anything, please let me know (I live in Calgary). I'd be more than happy to help out.

Anonymous said...

I wish i could go, but i live in Texas soooooooooooo far. Could we add Zinc Oxide in a lotion bar or lip balm? I've read on internet it has some sun protection.
Wish you get well fast,

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. I am looking forward to meeting you at the conference. I have signed up for your lotion class.

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

I wish I could travel and teach, too! If you know of any suppliers or conferences that would like to sponsor me, I'm up for it!