Thursday, August 6, 2015

These are a few of my favourite things: Dimethicone in facial products

Dimethicone shows up a lot in facial products because it has a silky, dry feeling that doesn't feel too heavy. We find it in moisturizers, sera, and primers for this very reason.

I made a lovely water-in-silicone serum recently using Lotioncrafter's serum SE. If this idea interests you, I cannot stress enough how easy it was to make this serum and how much you could modify it to your skin type! Check out this version I made with niacinamide and NAG! I'm

Want to know the basics of making a moisturizer? Click here for the basic recipe and break down! You can add dimethicone instead of any oil. I suggest putting it in the cool down phase instead of the heated oil phase because dimethicone isn't the most heat tolerant ingredient.

Want to make an oil and dimethicone moisturizer? Click here for one with Incroquat BTMS-50 as the emulsifier or this one!

Check out this green tea & bamboo moisturizer. Just substitute dimethicone for the bamboo isoflavones and you've got yourself a light, dry feeling moisturizer!

Please note, I am not affiliated with any company and receive absolutely no compensation from anyone for writing on this blog. When I make a suggestion about a supplier, it's because I've used that supplier and like them and their ingredients. I may receive free ingredients from time to time, but I take no advertising and make no endorsements for any company. What I say is how I feel. Just wanted to make sure you know that, my wonderful readers! 

No comments: