Sunday, March 1, 2015

Happy National Craft Month 2015!

Woo! It's the most wonderful time of the year! National Craft Month! The time to make time to craft and make things. If you're new to the idea of making bath & body products, may I suggest a few projects for you?

Bath bombs: You can't go wrong with bath bombs! They're easy to make and oh, so cute! You only need a few ingredients to make something so awesome!

Bath salts: Again, a few ingredients can make something so awesome! If you want to make them a little fancier, try making foaming bath salts with SLSa or fizzing bath salts using your supplies from bath bombs!

Whipped butter: With two ingredients - your butter and an oil - and a whisk attachment on your mixer, you can make an awesome whipped butter that will moisturize your skin and smell amazing (if you add fragrance oil).

Lotion bar: With three ingredients - butter, oil, and wax - you can make an awesomely moisturizing lotion bar!

Lip balm: With the same ingredients you used for a lotion bar, you can make something lovely for your lips!

Wax tarts: Seriously, these things could not be easier to make!

Want a few more ideas? Check out the newbies section of the blog for a lot of the beginner recipes on the blog!

I'm holding a contest for this month! Send me a picture of your craft with a bit of information - for instance, is this your first time with this product, this recipe, this craft? - and I'll enter you in a draw to win a copy of the e-book of your choice! I'll be posting the pictures throughout the month and so you can share your experiences with others on the blog! Newbies, veterans, and everyone in between is welcome to participate. I will ask you to keep the projects limited to bath & body products as that's what this blog is about, but if you have something that is tangentially associated with cosmetics, we'll include that too. (I'm thinking about make-up bags, make-up brush holders, cute boxes you've made to give away your products.)

E-mail Susan at with the subject line National Craft Month! Please sign off with the name you want me to use on the blog (first names only) and location (if you wish) and pictures of your craft. There is no limit to how many times you can enter! You have until midnight PST March 31st to enter, and there will be multiple prizes. I'll post the winners the weekend of April 3rd. I can't wait to see what you make!

1 comment:

Bailey said...

Hi Susan,

Just wanted to tell you that you are abso-fraggin'-lutely awesome! :D

Reading this blog entry brought a huge smile to my face and filled me with joy.

I don't know if I will participate, but it emphasized to me just how generous you are with your time, your knowledge, and your willingness to help and educate all of us on home crafting all of these delightful items.

Keep on rockin', Darlin', I really appreciate all you do! Thank you!

Bailey, (From Down Under)