Friday, October 3, 2014

A few thoughts for the first Sunday in October...

If you've received any e-books lately, you'll have received the charts to go with it. But I'm afraid I left out page one on the oil comparison chart! I'm not sure how that happened, but I'd hate for you not to get that information, so please download the revised version now!

Thanks to my lovely readers who wrote reviews this week. I'm not feeling great today - I have a cold thanks to the kids in my groups - so I'll have to update the page with the winners tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay!

A thought for you: I've been getting a lot of mail lately about growing hair or eyelashes quicker. (I understand there might be prescription things that can do this, but not cosmetic things.) I'm sorry, but there really isn't a way to force your hair to grow. You can do things to make your hair less likely to break, like conditioning it, not using alkaline products, combing it less, pulling on it less when you put your hair up, and so on, but you can't make it grow faster. If this were possible, wouldn't all the giant cosmetic companies be selling products to make your hair and eye lashes grow? There's something very appealing about the whole "one simple trick for losing weight" or "here's what those fat cats don't want you to know" that sucks us into these kinds of claims, but if you think about it for a bit, wouldn't someone be making major money off of this by now? Just a thought for the day...

Join me tomorrow for more fun formulating!

No comments: