Saturday, September 20, 2014

Weekend Wonderings: Who won an e-book for a review? How much of an active ingredient is in an extract?

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated for the facial products e-book this week! All the proceeds from the e-books goes towards our youth programs that we run in Chilliwack and Yarrow, B.C. If you look to your left, you'll see a beautiful body wash and some melt & pour soaps Julie made in our group on Thursday night! (What fun! We can use fragrances in our new location, something we couldn't do at the library, so we made the most of it!) We'll be making cute little bags and tote bags next week!

Thanks to the wonderful reviewers who took the time to write reviews this week! As there are only two reviewers, they both win the e-book of their choice!

Thanks to moj sapun for this review on lotions bars! 
Thanks to Bunny for this review pumpkin seed oil in whipped butter! And second review from Bunny on shampoo bars!

Please write to me at sjbarclay@telus.net indicate which e-book you'd like to recieve, including the new facial products e-books. If you'd like to participate, please click here to learn what I'm looking for in a review!

In this post on white willow bark in facial products, Jodie asks: I would like to make willow bark extract/ tincture & wondering if you know anything about what the percent of salicylic acid in such an extract might be. Or even the % of salicylic acid in these commercial-type extracts. I really haven't been able to find any reliable information on this topic.

Your supplier should provide you with information on how much of that thing is in your extract. For instance, the white willow bark from the Formulator Sample Shop or Lotioncrafter is listed as being standardized to 10% salicylic acid. If your supplier doesn't list this information, write to them and ask!

This is something I cannot stress enough - ask your supplier! Our suppliers can be a great source of information, and the ones I know are always happy to help. If you can't find the information you want on their site, ask!

6 comments:

Moj sapun... said...

Thank you so much Susane! I can not describe how happy I am to win one of your e-books! I really appreciate this! Please keep on with this excellent work! Best regards, Gordana

P.S. As defined, I will send you the e-mail about e-book which I would like to receive.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ask US! We are always here if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Maggie Ghanem
Formulator Sample Shop
mghanem@formulatorsampleshop.com
www.FormulatorSampleShop.com



Bunny said...

ACK! Awesome! I can't decide which I want, but I'll mail you soon. =D Thanks so much!!

Angela Miller said...

I love your picks!

Bunny said...

OH WHAT-- I completely missed this! (How?!?! Oh well!) Is it too late to get an e-book?

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Bunny! Did you get in touch with me in the fall? I can't find a record of sending you one out, at least not under the name Bunny. Send me your pick by e-mail (sjbarclay@telus.net) and I'll send you an e-book!