Friday, September 19, 2014

A few thoughts about making Christmas presents

Yeah, I know, it seems a bit early to talk about Christmas - it's more than 3 months away - but if you are planning on making bath & body products as gifts, the time'll go faster than you imagine!

So what things should you consider before making Christmas presents?

Order your supplies soon! I don't know about the delivery times to your part of the world, but it seems that no matter how fast the suppliers send out my products, it gets held up somewhere along the line. (Generally at the border for me...) Start making up wish lists now!

Have you tried out the recipe yet? I suggest making a few small batch versions of the product you want to make to see if the fragrance smells nice, if it holds up in the bathroom in the heat, if it stays the same colour, and so on. You don't want to give something to your loved ones that hasn't been tested over time!

Create some cute labels for your products! This is the chance to make something that really reflects your philosophy, your aesthetic, and your preferences! Don't forget to put a "best before" date on your product!

Think about putting together a little basket of products. I like to put my products in a little box with some beeswax candles or soy wax tea lights and a few things from the store, like a nice washcloth, sisal cloth, or scrubby. Add some treats someone might like as they soak in the tub, like a few truffles or chocolate covered berries!

Related posts:
Links to all my Christmas recipe posts
Creating Christmas presents: Whipped butters
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Christmas in Swift's workshop
Creating Christmas presents - helpful hints (about finding recipes)


john son said...

This is really nice. Your information about beauty tips is really interesting. Thanks for sharing this article
Beautician in Chennai

ardsmuir said...

Thanks for the reminder, Christmas is quicker Heer Ethan wie imagine right now. ;-)

Linda said...

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong spot. I really don't get blogs, but I do enjoy reading what you write and have bought 2 of your e-books! Here's my question: I want to make some unscented body butter for a dear friend who is undergoing chemo therapy. I have a great body butter recipe, thanks to you, but the unscented part has me stumped. Unscented this body butter smells like oil! Could you please recommend some oils that don't smell or suggest some other solution? BTW my BB recipe is made with cocoa butter, shea butter, mango butter, avocado oil, rice bran oil, and sunflower oil, plus the other stuff needed to make a lotion.