I've been working for a while on the new facial products e-book, and the delay is that I'm not sure what you want to see. It's not as easy to write as the lotion making e-books were because there are so many different ingredients to use in many different products, more on par with writing the hair care e-book than the others.
So I turn to you, my wonderful readers. Here's a short breakdown of what I am including in the e-book and what I'm debating. I'm asking you to take a moment to share your thoughts! I'll be offering a copy of the new facial products e-book to two random commenters!
In the e-book I will definitely include the following recipe sections...
- Facial moisturizers
- Facial serums
- Oil cleansing method
- Dry clay masks
- Facial scrubs - oil based, emulsified, surfactant, and clay
- Eye shadow primer
- Eye products - gels and oily gels
- Acne products
- Cleansers - surfactants, foamer bottles, cream, oil, surfactant, and low surfactant
The question I have is more about the ingredient lists. So far I have very detailed sections about cosmeceuticals, extracts and hydrosols, emulsifiers, essential oils, and humectants. I have summaries for surfactants, oils and butters, proteins, cationic polymers, and thickeners. I have included links for all the ingredients to their entries on the blog.
As of today, the e-book is more than 300 pages with about 150 pages devoted to skin chemistry, skin types, and ingredients, with 150 pages containing many many recipes.
Here are the questions I'm asking of you...
- Do you want it to be a larger book with details of each and every oil? Or do I cover that enough on the blog or in other e-books? (With the oils, we're looking at over 400 pages!)
- Do you want more information about surfactants? Or do I cover that enough on the blog or in other e-books?
- Would you like to have the option to get just a shorter section of the e-book - for instance, facial moisturizers or facial scrubs and cleansers? - or should it be an all-in-one?
- What other recipes am I missing?
Thanks in advance to everyone who shares an opinion. I'm so close to being done - I just want to make sure I'm offering you what you want!