Sunday, June 22, 2014

One ingredient, ten products: Incroquat BTMS-50 in leave in conditioners

I love leave in conditioners! You can fill leave in conditioners full of ingredients to moisturize, hydrate, smooth, tame, and protect your hair, and you don't need a ton of each ingredient to do it! Think of a leave in conditioner as being very much like a rinse off conditioner, but thinner. You can use all of those ingredients your hair likes - hydrosols, aloe vera, humectants, extracts, proteins, silicones, and so on - to keep it looking great after washing. I generally use between 1% and 2% Incroquat BTMS-50 in my leave in conditioners, because anything more than that can get too thick to spray through a mister.

I'm not going to write a new recipe today as I think I've written quite a few variations on the leave in conditioner recipe. If you're interested in learning more about this kind of product, please visit the hair care section of the blog and check out these recipes!

Leave in conditioner with my favourite recipe
Modifying the leave in conditioner recipe with Incroquat CR
Modifying the leave in conditioner with hydrosols and extracts
Coconut oil in leave in conditioners
Honeyquat in leave in conditioners

Join me tomorrow as we take a look at using Incroquat BTMS-50 in body care products, like lotions.

No comments: