Sunday, March 23, 2014

I'm still around, just really busy!

As is normal in my world, I've taken on more than I can handle and am having trouble getting posts written for the blog. I'm working in the facial products e-book, and this is taking up all my writing time. Plus, I need a good day or two in the workshop to try out some new recipes I've created and to play with new ingredients. Plus I've been booked every other Saturday with teaching classes at Voyageur Soap & Candle! This is a temporary glitch and should be resolved soon! 

In the meantime, let's all count down to the premiere of season 4 of Game of Thrones in 2 weeks! (Although I still have to see the last five episodes of last season. I know what's coming, and I'm too emotional to handle it some days!) HODOR! 


Ruth said...

everyone has these times..
when i check your blog every morning..
and there is no new posts...
i just say to myself...Susan is really busy...
don't worry, we are not going away..
i know, for myself..i love your blog..
to me it is like a person reading the daily paper,
and drinking their coffee..every morning first thing.
I drink my coffee every morning..while reading your blog..
I love it...

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about your facial skin care e-book. I can't wait to purchase and read it. Thank you for all your hard work.

- Dan

Mary Ann said...

Me too about the e-book! Don't feel bad...overcommitting is the story of my life. I find it's cyclic and you will be able to catch up. I still use the blog for reference and I don't feel like I have even scratched the surface so it's all good for me. Take care of yourself.

Sherry said...

So excited for your ebook AND Game of Thrones! I wish the last book hadn't ended on such cliffhangers for many of my favorite characters. I want to know what happens to badly!! :(

d.anaya said...

I look forward to purchasing the new e-book. I really appreciate your commitment to this blog and your unselfishness in sharing your knowledge to help us be better crafters. Thank you and pace yourself.

Sue said...

Hi Susan,
Can't agree enough with all the other comments "Can't wait to purchase your new e-book!" Very grateful for the information you share with us - thank you!!!

While you're busy researching and over committing I have another question you might like to add to your list - I love dmae, but every time I formulate with it, no matter which of your creams or lotions I incorporate it into, it thins out my creation like mad!!! Is there a trick to incorporating dmae into our formulas or do we just accept that the final product will be thin? I must say when I used it in your basic facial cream formula, if I leave it covered and stir it every day within about a week and a half I have a beautiful cream but I was hoping to be able to get to that cream consistency before a week and a half??? Anyway just thought I'd ask because it really is an awesome ingredient to add to our creations!

Thank you again for all that you do for your loyal followers and I too look through the blog daily and am certain I haven't scratched the surface either.

Keep up the awesome work!


Brandi Yates said...

Excited about your new ebook!

Royce Vaughn said...


I'm a Game of Thrones geek myself, and also a home-brewer. A few weeks ago I created a new beer recipe that was my interpretation of what would be brewed at the wall for Jon Snow and the rest of the Night's Watch. It was a porter-like beer with debittered roasted wheat and dried tangerine peel, since those exotic kind of ingredients might find their way up to the wall along side fresh recruits.

Maybe you're not a geeky as me, but if you were to craft a Game of Thrones inspired skin care product, what would it be? What lotion would Daenerys use? What shampoo would Sansa use?

Just a thought! Great blog as always.

All the best,

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

I'm back for a bit with some new posts on oils! Thanks for your patience with the delay in posting. I hate not posting, but it's easier to handle when I know I have great readers like you supporting me!

Hi Sue! Honestly, I haven't played with DMAE enough to notice the thinning out. It might be that you have to accept the thinning out and make compensations for it. I have had to accept that when using cetrimonium chloride in my conditioners! But it's worth it!

Hi Royce! I love the idea of your beer! I'm a huge fan of the Night's Watch! I love your question, too. My first thought is that Dany needs sunscreen in any of her products, and that Sansa would wash her hair with fairy dust and moonbeams! I'm thinking about this for a post that I'll write soon! Great comment!