Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy National Craft Month!

Happy National Craft Month! I consider five years ago today to be the birth of this blog in this current incarnation, as one with a focus on bath and body products, as today is when I posted my first tutorial, this one on toners. (I did start the blog earlier in December 2008, but it was mostly for my craft group. March 1, 2009, was the day when I committed to post bath & body products every day!) I started it because I wanted to share my love of making bath and body products with the world, and I'm so glad you've been on this journey with me!

How can we celebrate this month? Share your favourite craft with someone you like. Share your favourite craft with someone you love. Post a tutorial on a forum or your blog. Post some pictures of what you've made to a forum or a blog. Learn something you've been meaning to learn (especially if you've already bought the supplies!). Use or wear something you've made at least once a day. In short, display your crafts to the world to show others how rewarding and fun it is to be a DIYer!

If you want to know more about the pendants above, they're made with pendants I found at the scrapbooking store for $0.60, scrapbooking paper, and Diamond Glaze. If you want to make your own, check out this tutorial you can find on Fusion Beads.

The Sn is the symbol for tin - my initials. Yep, I'm three kinds of metal. Sn for tin. Sb for antimony. And Ni for nickel. They make up my full name, Susan Barclay Nichols! Woo! 


Chris said...

Congrats Susan! Looking forward to 5 more years! :)

Aine said...

You're doing a great job, Susan. Congrats.