Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What the heck can I do with this Wednesday? Comment thread!

Since no one seems to have any ingredients that bewilder them this week, we won't be enjoying a why the heck did I buy this and what can I do with it Wednesday post. I had thought to write something, but I couldn't think of an ingredient you might have but not know what to do with, so instead, here's an adorable picture of my dog getting ready for the rainy weather in her tiny adorable hooded rain coat! So cute!

Do you have any ingredients you've bought that you don't know what to do with and want some ideas? Then post your comment here and give me some ideas of what to write about next week and the weeks thereafter!

Previous posts:
Sea kelp bioferment


Bunny said...

Hm, I might suggest cupuachu butter? It's one of the exotic ones you don't have on your list yet, and I've read it can absorb ~240% its weight in water, making it a good, vegan substitute for lanolin. Whether on not this is true I don't know; I've been on the fence about buying it, since its one of the more expensive ones...

Soap Crafter said...

The picture of the dog is really cute.

Katherine Chiu said...

What an adorable rain outfit!

Why in heck did I buy tamanu oil (foraha)? The Latin name is "CALOPHYLLUM INOPHYLLUM". It's supposed to be good for wound healing--burns, psoriasis, scars, acne, stretch marks, stings, abrasions, diaper rash, etc. Supposedly good for just about everything but world peace!

Any suggestions for using this in a lotion or cream would be awesome!

Anonymous said...

I've been avoiding evening primrose oil because of the high comedogenicity. Instead I'm interested in evening primrose extract. Do you know if it is also comedogenic? Brambleberry says it's soothing for dryness, itchiness, and redness.

And I agree with Katherine's request too!

Thank you so much for your help!
Katie Z (Blogger won't let me use my Google account to comment)

Diva Soap said...

How about plum kernel oil? I've heard and read great things,have never tried it myself.

Anonymous said...

I was ordering things from a supplier that I was out of and to receive the free shipping I was a couple of $ short also in a hurry to get to work just threw Structure XL ( Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate) in my "cart" cause it was cheap and wanted to get the free shipping. What can I do with it?

TC said...

Hi Susan,
I would be very interested to know how you would use the cosmetic ingredient, Marine Collagen. I've seen it on a supplier website and it reads brilliantly, but I wouldn't have a clue how to begin formulating with it. It would be great if you could pave the way.
Thank you so much!

Leslie said...

Hi Susan,

I bought some Goji Berry Extract from Lotioncrafter for a hair care product that I didn't like at all. Now I have a bunch left and not sure how to use it.

Anonymous said...

Not sure if it's too late or not since you posted this a week ago, but like the Nov 8th person, I too would love some info on hydroxypropyl starch phosphate. I ordered some recently and have been poking around online hoping to find some recipe examples, but to no avail! That's how I cam across your blog to begin with:)

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi everyone! I'm just putting together my list of things to research, experiment with, and write about when I remembered I hadn't answered things in this section!

I've written everything down for research, but I can't get some of these ingredients, so what you'll get is theory on how to use them but none of my personal experiences. Sorry!

Hi TC! Can you send me an URL for where I might find the INCI name and references for this ingredient?

Look for some posts coming soon!

Anonymous said...

I bought Lecithin Powder some time ago. No idea why I did this. Maybe because it seemed like a good thing to have.
What can I do with it? I already have liquid lecithin.
Thanx Susan