Friday, September 6, 2013

When products go right! Bubble bath!

I wanted to make a batch of Black Amber Laveneder fragranced bubble bath that I'd use as a test for thickeners - Crothix, Ritathix DOE, and salt - but it thickened really nicely on its own! I normally love it when a plan comes together, but I really need to test those thickeners, so I guess I'll make up a batch of my 3-in-1 shampoo, body wash, and conditioner for Raymond and use that as the test product!

As a note, the Black Amber Lavender from Brambleberry (online), Otion (retail), and soon to be at Creations by Eden (Canada, online) thickens our products. But using most of my other favourite fragrances will also thicken it, like Sweet Meyer Lemon or the kids' wonderful citrus version of Froot Loops fragrance oil (one part Lemon Curd and one part Cream Cheese Frosting from Brambleberry by weight) as citrus and lavender have that effect on surfactants. You'd think I would have used Clementine Cupcake fragrance oil or white chocolate, (Voyageur Soap & Candle), but my mom loves the black amber lavender and you can't say no to your mom!

As an aside, one part strawberry (I use Voyageur Soap & Candle's version) and one part cream cheese frosting makes a lovely Froot Loops fragrance, too.

And I'm not beholden to the companies I mention, I just thought I should mention where I get my fragrances because you know you want them! 

As a note, this is the bubble bath just after making it, and the top picture is the bubble bath the next morning. If you don't mix it too much, you'll end up with a clear product in a short period of time. If you do mix it too much, don't stress - it'll just take longer if the product is meant to be clear!

Related posts:
Surfactants: Increasing viscosity by increasing concentration
Surfactants: Increasing viscosity by increasing micelle size
Surfactants and fragrances: Clarity
Surfactants and fragrances: Viscosity

1 comment:

Milla said...

The purple is so pretty! I love all of your fragrance choices too.