Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What can you ask me or e-mail me?

I love e-mail, so the answer is just about anything! I want to hear about what you're making. I want to hear about the recipes you've made and see pictures. Ask me questions about a recipe you're working on - but please include the entire recipe and process, including what types of oils and things like that - and ask me questions about something you might want to work on in the future. Share with me what worked and what didn't work.

Ask me about ingredients, ask me about oils and butters and esters and hydrolyzed proteins and everything else under the sun. But please read the post on the topic on the blog. (I can tell if you haven't when you ask me what a hydrolyzed protein is!) Look to the right for categories and lists. Do a quick search.

Yeah, I'm busy, but I have time for your questions and thoughts, too! That's why I'm busy! 

If you own a business, feel free to ask any questions you like, along with your thoughts and joyous moments, but please don't ask me to create a recipe for you that you might sell. You can ask me anything you want, but please don't ask me to make you a brand new recipe. I will help you modify recipes or work on something that has you stuck, but I figure if you know enough to sell your products, you know enough to create them from scratch.

If you are a non-selling person, again, feel free to ask any questions or share your thoughts and happiness, don't ask me to create a recipe for you unless it's something you can't find on the blog. If you want a body butter, there is one on the blog that will work for you. If you want an anti-chafing bar, I know that's not there. Please do a search - a decent one, maybe five minutes long - before asking me to create something that's already here.

If you're thinking about duplicating a product, send me the entire ingredient list and what you've tried so far. I won't just duplicate something for you as I stopped doing that a few years ago, but I can help you tweak something if you send me all of the things you've tried and your process.

I cannot stress enough how much I welcome e-mail and comments from you, my magnificent readers. You are the reason I am here, my inspiration and my joy, and I encourage you to share what you're doing in the world of bath and body products with me so I can, in turn, be encouraged to continue!

I'm writing this post in response to a few people lately who have asked if it's okay to ask me about this or that. I'm afraid I'm coming off as an extra-busy, over-scheduled tyrant who will only deign to answer questions of this or that nature. I don't mean it that way. I just get the same questions over and over again - can you create this recipe for me? what is this ingredient? what happened with me product (with no recipe or process) - that I have to be hardcore when explaining what I can and can't do. I'm here to help and rejoice, so let me do that...just give me a few days after you write! 

3 comments:

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Wow Susan, this is great for clarification on what and how to ask questions. Seriously, I appreciate it and am grateful for all the help I've received from your blog. I am working on a face mask, face cleanser for my acne prone teen son... and armed with this post, I know how to formulate my question for you, and will do so and email it to you.

You're great and your research and knowledge is sooooo appreciated!
Anna

Lise M Andersen said...

Yeah? Well we love you too. :)

La'Ticia Joseph said...

Well Susan, here goes...I'm just starting out and I stumbled upon your site while trying to find a lotion for my kids. Who knew you could make your own. So that's what I did, and it turned out great. Now I want to improve on it by adding Colloidal Oatmeal. I'm pretty sure I can't just fold it in like chocolate chips? I'm thinking I add it to the cool down phase but I'm not sure. Your views please.