Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Registration is open at Voyageur for the classes I'm teaching!

Yeah, I could have made that title a little shorter, but I'm excited! I'm teaching three classes at Voyageur Soap & Candle in Surrey, B.C. this season, and the registration is open! What am I teaching?

Get to Know Your Oils - Creating Anhydrous Products: This class taught by expert crafter Susan Barclay Nichols and is based on the principles in her E-Book on creating oil-based products. This will be a two part class, starting at 10 am and finishing at 4 pm with an hour long lunch break at 12:30 pm. In this class a body oil, a lotion bar, and a whipped butter will be made with a focus on using oils specific to the skin type of the individual student. In this class there will be an "oil bar" with a number of different oils that the students will try out, giving them a chance to learn the skin feel of their ingredients before making products with them and allowing them to modify the formula to suit their specific needs. There will also be a focus on learning about different waxes and how to use them in anhydrous products. Students will receive a copy of Susan's E-Book "Creating Anhydrous Products" to take home at no extra charge. The cost of this class is $120 plus tax.

Held on Saturday, October 19th at 10:00 am.

Hair Care Products: This class taught by expert crafter Susan Barclay Nichols and is based on the principles in her E-Book on making Hair Care Products. This will be a two part class, starting at 10 am and finishing at 4 pm with an hour long lunch break at 12:30 pm. Students will learn how to make a clarifying shampoo and a moisturizing shampoo, a daily conditioner and a deep conditioner, a leave-in conditioner and an anti-frizz spray. The first part of the class would be learning about the bare-bones ingredients required to make a shampoo and conditioner, and the second part would be showing the students how to tailor it to their specific hair needs. Students will receive a copy of Susan's E-Book "Complete Haircare Products" to take home at no extra charge. The cost of this class is $120 plus tax.

Held on Saturday, November 2nd at 10:00 am.

Lotion Making 101: This class taught by expert crafter Susan Barclay Nichols and is based on the principles in her E-Book on making and formulating your own lotions and creams. This will be a two part class, starting at 10 am and finishing at 4 pm with an hour long lunch break at 12:30 pm. The students will learn about the skin feel of different ingredients and how to make a 6 ingredient lotion where the oil is the star, then they will learn how to create more complex products customized to their specific tastes. Students will receive a copy of Susan's E-Book "Lotion Making 101" to take home at no extra charge. The cost of this class is $120 plus tax.

Held on Saturday, November 23rd at 10:00 am

The point of every class is to learn your ingredients, trying them on your skin neat (where possible) and learning how they combine with other ingredients to make products that work for your skin type. I want you to be able to We'll make a number of different things in the classes - for instance, in the anhydrous class, we'll make a few different body oils and whipped butters so you can figure out what skin feel you like, and in the hair care e-book we'll tailor each product to be right for your hair type. I'm excited about the idea of setting up an oil bar so we can try each of these oils

I'm so excited about these classes! I love teaching, and it'll be great to meet some of my lovely readers!

If you want to register for the classes, visit Voyageur Soap & Candle to sign up today. If you want to attend but can't for some reason, please write to me and let me know why. If it's the day or time, the cost, the length of the class, the topic - whatever the reason, let me know and I'll see what we can alter for the next batch of classes I'm offering through Voyageur!

5 comments:

Ged said...

All I can say is that they will be lucky, lucky people signing up to your classes - I can't imagine a better start for anyone in this craft!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I wish I had some way of attending any of your classes because I'm sure they'll be fantastic.

I just wanted to thank you for the time and effort you put into this blog - it has been an invaluable resource to me as I slowly become addicted to making bath and body products. You are absolutely my go-to person for helpful facts and inspirational ideas. Your enthusiasm for the craft is definitely contagious. :)

So thank you, and have fun teaching!
-Melody

Anonymous said...

Maybe they would consider putting your classes out on DVD. That would be awesome for those who are unable to attend!

SheaDionne said...

It would so fabulous if I could attend! Do you know of any classes here in Houston, Texas? I need them BADLY:). I love you and your blog...you do AWESOME work here!

Nadine said...

Oooooh how I would love to be there, but I live in Holland. I love your work, your expertise and your personality.

Could you make a video or something like that, so foreigners could attend in that way, maybe even something on Youtube? Just trying to participate in anway possible?

Have a great time with your classes!