Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Newbie Tuesday: What are we doing next?

So what do you want to learn next? We've made all kinds of things on Newbie Tuesday, and I admit I'm having trouble figuring out what to make next! We've made anhydrous products, conditioner, lotions, bath salts, and bath bombs. What could we do next? I'm hoping to start a new series in early July that we can make over the summer. So what interests you?

In the meantime, check out the new section I've recently created for newbie links! I'll be updating it as I have time, but the basics are there for now.

And I thought I'd remind you about these visual guides I've created on SnapGuide. Any suggestions for the next one?

How to make a lotion
How to make lotion bars
How to make whipped body butter
How to make solid perfume
How to make an emulsified scrub


Zenobiah said...

Could you have a series on liquid shampoo made with different ingredients? Different surfs, or different additives (oat vs silk protein for instance)?

Lucy Townsend said...

I would love more on mild shampoo as well as I'm struggling at the moment, I know it's a debate but would like to use ecocert approved ingredients... Tried with the gums and it's like wallpaper paste..not sure what's considered natural and mild..
Also I want to experiment with perfumes and blends of scents e.g. Neom in the uk.

Judi in Jax said...

Liquid shampoos would be great. Also, I would enjoy exploring facial washes more. I am trying to expand my stash of surfactants but I don't seem to have key ingredients for the ones you have played with so far. Or perhaps, I need to just pick a starting point and play.

cedarusdeodora said...

Please! tell us about solid bath foam.


Keisha said...

I'd love to learn more about how to do a gel facial cleanser!

Marg said...

Hmm...my comment from yesterday seems to have disappeared :(

Would love to talk about making a light summery body spray.

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Sounds like shampoo would be a good idea...I'll have to think on it.

What is a bath foam? And what's a gel facial cleanser? Like Spectro Gel? (I have a post on how to duplictate this somewhere on the blog, but the search function is being grumpy today!) And the summery body spray - lotion or fragrance or water soluble moisturizer? I have posts on all of these things! Again, search is down, but take a look and if you don't find what you want, let me know!

IrishMolly said...

Oh!! Please try a bubble bar formulation! There is not any blog/recipe/ideas that have panned out. Even the ones I can buy are horribly drying and I would love to figure out how to tweak them to be more skin friendly.

Becky said...

What about a good facial mask(s)? Is it possible for us to make a good mask, that can be peeled off as opposed to washed off? What about a great wash off one? One that doesn't have to be clay based?

Dee said...

Well am new to all this and I have been studying your blog and of course I have your ebook :-), which is excellent.
I will think since you have covered most of the basic daily products, lotions, creams, hair, scrubs, etc.
I will suggest Facial, but not just facial cleansers or mask. A whole series of Facial including Serums and Anti-aging products. I think it will a nice journey and challenge from newbies to more experience. :-D

David B. Powers said...

Susan, How about doing a post about the differences between "Cocamidopropyl Betaine" (or CAB as it is known in the industry) and "Coco-Betaine"? So much misinformation about these two products is being spread around the Internet on websites, blogs, by resellers and even manufacturers that it is about time it was corrected! Thanks, David

Aljonor said...

I would like to know how to make brow gel to keep my eyebrows flat and moisturized.

Aljonor said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to add.

color safe shampoo and conditioner.