Saturday, April 6, 2013

An (possible) update on the Dish forum

I visited the Soap Scent Review Board where you can find a section on the Dish forum, and it sounds like the Dish has been infected by some sort of virus, but the last update was in late March. (I sent in a request to join the Facebook page, but it was never approved, so I don't know what the latest information might be.) Let's send them all the good thoughts we can as they clean it up!

As an aside, I recommend the Soap Scent Review Board for those of you who soap and want to know how various fragrances will work in your products. I used this forum a lot when choosing my fragrances for the first time. I haven't visited in a while because I don't tend to stray far away from cupcake or icing fragrances, but I definitely recommend it if you're looking for some ideas! They are very welcoming there! 

If you have any updates, please share. I know so many of us are going through withdrawal!

9 comments:

Sciarretta Farms said...

The Dish Forum is moving to another host, which will take a few weeks.
Meanwhile, I have no one to sob to about my shampoo fail or to cheer for as they make their first lotion.

melian1 said...

swift, i posted on the fb list and elfbutt said she looked and didn't see anything and asked what name you use there. i posted back and said probably "swiftcraftymonkey." i think if you go to fb, do a search for "soap dish forum" it should bring you to the right place.

melian1 said...

um, i just tried to find you on fb using that but it came up with nothing. let someone know your fb name, k?

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Thanks for the update. I'm Susan Barclay Nichols on Facebook. I don't use it much - we have a group for the kids called Rated T for Teen (closed group), but I don't use it personally. I've received an invite from someone, so let's see if that works!

Nope, I can't figure out how to make it work. I clicked on the "Join Group" button on the e-mail, but I still see it as a closed group when it takes me to a link. (I'm generally good at computer stuff, but Facebook eludes me. It took me almost four years to update my name to Barclay Nichols!)

Can anyone help?

And Sciarretta Farms...Are you kidding? Share your thoughts here! I'll start a post!

melian1 said...

you have been invited via email. :)

melian1 said...

sry, i posted b4 i saw you'd already gotten the email.
hm. clicking on the invite should do it. you're not seeing the posts and all? i will post to the list re this and see who knows what to do.

Mychelle said...

Many Wordpress and GoDaddy websites were hacked recently, including mine. It's been a nightmare to deal with and I can't imagine how difficult it is with a forum the size of the Dish. I hate to be a downer but switching hosts won't address the problem - been there, done that. I've done updates, patches, deleted and re-installed my database. This evil malware is almost impossible to remove. It's hurt my business tremendously. Tremendously. I hope the Dish can work it out. It's taken me months and I'm still dealing with it. I hate it when the Dish is down! Positive energy toward the Dish getting better.

Mychelle said...

Susan and Melian, you need to be added to the FB group by a friend. I'll friend request you Susan and see if I can add you that way, though I'm FB challenged as well.

Jenny said...

The Dish Forum is back up Susan. Yay.