Saturday, March 2, 2013

An argument for using distilled water in our products

Chilliwack's water has won more prizes than I can count for quality and taste, but we started emergency chlorination this week after E. coli was discovered and made a few people sick. A woman from British Columbia was found in the water supply of a hotel in California recently. And the water in the bathroom always tastes really weird. These are three great reasons not to use tap water in our products!

I get reverse osmosis water at $7 for 19 litres (is that 5 or 6 gallons? or I get distilled water from the pharmacy for $2 for four litres (about a gallon). It's such a bargain!

Read more in this post from September 2012! 


3 comments:

Lucy Townsend said...

Hi,
A couple of training companies in the uk recommend spring water from the supermarket as being an alternative to tap water to use in making products, it is filtered but still has a low level of mineral ions. For some reason distilled water is hard to get hold of in the uk without being really expensive. Would you think this would be OK?..Many thanks Lucy

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Lucy! I wouldn't use spring water in my products as I don't want to introduce any unnecessary minerals to my products.

catherine said...

Ok. I am still stuck on the sentence:

'woman from British Columbia was found in the water supply of a hotel in California recently.'

I googled the story. How sad and weird...would make a good episode of 'monk.'