Monday, February 11, 2013

Facial scrubs: Out for testing, more soon!

As a quick note, I have my surfactant based facial scrub products out for testing with a few people, so I need time to let them play with the products then write me a few reviews. When I hear from them - I hope it'll be early next week - I'll post their comments and the various recipes.

I used this base recipe with a few modifications, including rosemary, chamomile, and grape seed powdered extracts and 2% Crothix. (Scroll down to the SAMPLE SURFACTANT BASE FOR OILY SKIN TO WHICH WE'LL ADD PHYSICAL EXFOLIANTS WITH LOADS OF CHAMOMILE, ALOE VERA, AND WITCH HAZEL, which is the second recipe from the bottom.)

This is a picture of my facial scrub base with pink Rhassoul clay in it. I've tried it with BC glacial clay, dermabrasion crystals, jojoba beads (orange, so it wasn't that pretty!), cranberry seeds, and ground luffah. More when I hear from my testers!

Have you been trying out any scrub recipes? Share your thoughts in the comments section!

1 comment:

Marjo said...

I do! I loved the suki foaming lemon scrub so i go with fruitpowders in scrubs i love them emulsified so they work like semifoaming. Tried bamboo powder for sugar and salt and ground almonds are too harsh on my own face :)