Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm teaching a few classes in Chilliwack...

I thought I'd share this with anyone interested in attending a class with me in Chilliwack through the Chilliwack Arts Council!

Sunday, October 28th from 10 to 12pm - Bath products: Bath salts, bombs, and oils.
Sunday, November 4th from 10 to 12 pm - Balms, butters & lotion bars
Sunday, November 18th from 10 am to 12 pm - Exfoliating scrubs & body oils
Sunday, November 25th from 10 am to 12 pm - Lotions & body butters!

For all four classes it's $60 for members, $80 for non-members, or $20 per class. You'll go home with at least one of each of the products in question and recipe packages.

If you're interested, click here to learn more about how to register! If there's enough interest, I'll offer more groups in 2013, including hair care products and mineral make-up. I'm so excited - this is the first time I'll be able to build upon what we learned the week before, and I think it's going to be great fun!

If you are interested in attending, but can't come to these classes at these times, what would work for you? I can't do Tuesday or Thursday nights as those are youth program days, but I could do Saturdays - when we don't have Rated T for Teen - or Sunday later in the day. (Please only make the suggestion about changing the time if you truly want to come.)

Did I mention how excited I am about these groups?


JessMN said...

Hey Susan - do you have any suggestions on starting up a group like this? Maybe teaching one through our local community center

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Jess. I have tons of ideas...where to start? Should I write a few posts on the topic?

Contact your local library or community centre and see if they want instructors. I contacted the Arts Centre to get a space for our youth programs, they mentioned they didn't have enough instructors, and I offered. It was a fluke that I was in the right place at the right time.

I'll write some posts next week on this topic. (I'm on holiday time for two weeks, so I'll have time!)

JessMN said...

*I'd* love some posts on the subject - hopefully others would too!

I do know the community center is accepting new instructors and classes and I immediately thought of copying you :) I have no idea where to start with curriculum, etc. And how much should an instructor make? (The form asks how much $ we want)

Will said...

It's almost be worth the drive to be able to say thank you in person!


Emily Butler said...

I would LOVE to attend these classes but I live far from you. Is it possible for you to video these classes and upload them for a fee for those of us who want to watch you but cannot be there in person? Please say this is a possibility.

Aljonor said...

Good for you Susan. You should document all your classes and put it into a e-book for those who want to start to hold classes for youth.