Monday, August 13, 2012

Fragrances - weather, temperature, and seasons

Do you change your fragrances with the seasons? Do you have a favourite for summer, winter, fall, or spring?

My all time favourite is - wait for it - Clementine Cupcake from Brambleberry (surprise! surprise!) but I also have room for Jewelled Citrus, Yuzy, and Hello Sweet Thang (also Brambleberry), and Lemon Curd, which kinda surprises me because I wouldn't call myself a fan of lemon, but there it is! Something about citrus says, "Wakey-wakey!" and I can't take a morning shower without that fragrance wafting through the bathroom from my body wash or scrubs. But I rarely use any of these in lotions or other leave on products.

But it's almost time for a change...fall is almost upon us, and my thoughts turn to other fragrances like egg nog, oatmeal milk & honey, and orange spice. (Am I the only one who thinks oatmeal milk & honey smells like marzipan? Yum!)

Do you have fragrances you only use in certain products? Are there fragrances you love in a soap or shampoo but hate in a lotion or leave in conditioner? Do some fragrances remind you of certain seasons or weather? What's your favourite and why? Share so others might learn about your favourites!

8 comments:

Littlebird said...

I love spicier, and muskier scents year round. I make various things with citruses and such but for personal use I am always drawn to amber XD

Kim said...

Me too! Regardless of the season I wear Burberry Classic perfume, or something like it. For scenting my lotions, body wash, etc. I am loving Brambleberry's Spellbound Woods and White Ginger & Amber. I was also thinking about getting a nice oatmeal & honey fragrance for my new lotion that I love made with hydrolyzed oat flour, just to bump up the light oaty smell. I also really like the smell of some spa products that I can only describe as a clean, crisp type smell. Still searching for a FO dupe I can use.

Veronique said...

One of my favorite scents for over 15 years has been the BBW sun ripenned raspberry. I also love all the harajuku lovers perfumes i really wish someone would dupe those scents into fragrance oils, they are so sweet and lovely smelling!

jen said...

I love orange and petitgrain....there's something magical in having that woody note on top of the orange that makes it delightful. Citruses in pretty much any format have always been a favorite, although I do randomly get cravings for spicy scents - it must be the weather where I live that makes my cravings not match the seasons.

allaboutlavender said...

Although I use a large range of fragrances year around in my products, I have found that certain ones can be a little seasonal when it comes to sales. Vanilla, woodsy and spicy fragrance items sell slightly better in winter. Citrus and light floral better in summer.

Ellbie said...

I am loving sweet orange, lavender with just a teensy bit of patchouli.

Madeaj said...

I love melon and cucumber and green tea. I also love rose, lavender, patcholi and jasmine. I also love green and woody scents. A new combo I have used lately is lavender, rose essential oils, cucumber fragrance oil with Magestic Mountain Sage's Oak Leaves and Acorns fragrance.

For the winter time, I'll probably break out the patcholi to mix with some lighter woody or citrus.

Charleen said...

I also love Brambleberry's Jeweled Citrus and it sold very well for me. Unfortunately they no longer carry it. I'd love to hear if someone can find something similar. I'll have to try the Clementin Cupcake next time I order. Thanks for the suggestion!