Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New things to look for on the blog in the next few weeks!

I hope those of you getting too much heat are cooling down and those of you in less warmer climates are getting a bit more sun as we enter my least favourite season! I'm working on a few things for the blog that you'll see in the next few weeks. I'm open to suggestions for all sorts of ideas, so please share them with me!

Newbie Tuesday is coming back. I think the first few products will be hair related - conditioner, shampoo, and so on - and I'm trying to get a video I made edited in time for next week. (I don't think that's going to happen, but I can dream!)

Chemistry Thursday is also coming back in the next few weeks. Are there any topics that really interest you or should I continue explaining the basics?

I'm hoping to resurrect Iron Chemist on Sundays - I'll start with the lanolin challenge that I didn't complete early last year - which should be great fun considering all the new ingredients I have!

And I'm bringing the Why the heck did I buy that? series back. If you have some questions about ingredients you've bought, share your thoughts! I'll be taking ingredients from the comments in this linked post, so click there and comment. (I've already written down the ones suggested in the past, so you don't need to post those again!) Please look at the links on the right, the bath & body guides to ingredients, to see if I've already covered your ingredient. I won't be covering surfactants, emollients, extracts, cosmeceuticals, or preservatives that have already been covered. Please click on those sections to see if I've already written about that ingredient.

In the next few weeks, look for posts on mineral make-up - mostly eyeshadows, but some lip colours - and more lotions with my new emulsifiers!


Tina said...

As always your amazing. I adore your posts, and a wealth of knowledge. I really enjoy the chemistry of it all. Cyclopentasiloxane (and) C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer. Why did I buy that? I am pretty sure I wanted to experiment with a primer, I need to try and find my notes.

Kim said...

I missed Newbie Tuesday the first time around as I wasn't prepared with enough knowledge to get an order together, but made some lotions later that worked perfectly. Thanks Susan for your blog and everything you put into it. Love my oil free facial lotion and plan on adding various actives in the next ones. Husband is loving the nightly foot massages with foot cream.

I am very intrigued though ... I read all about using the HLB system for creating emulsification systems and want to experiment with making different feeling lotions/serums instead of relying on only the premade systems. BTMS is pretty nice, but it's a little powdery. Maybe some posts on building emulsified silicone bases for actives, or super silky feeling lotions? Hmmm ... this is lots of fun so far and the possibilities are endless. I'm hooked. Next up is the emulsified sugar scrub. I replaced my old hand mixer with a nice KitchenAid one with whisk and stick blender attachments so this should work well.

I'm looking forward to all of the topics you have coming up. I was going to move into shampoos next, so Newbie Tuesday coming up works great for me.

Yvonne Liaw said...

Thanks for bringing back newbie Tuesday! Can we also pick up where we left off on the last newbie Tuesday Where you said we will be making a cream?

Thanks again for all the work on this blog. All the information and experience is highly appreciated.

Will said...

Yippee to the lanolin topic.

I love the stuff!