Thursday, June 21, 2012

Supplier updates!

A quick note about some things I found at Voyageur Soap & Candle! They've started carrying cetearyl alcohol, micronized zinc oxide (water or oil soluble), and a ton of new micas (the one to the left is blue lagoon mica). They'll be carrying two new products in July that I will be running down to get - Ritamulse SCG and Rita BTMS 225. The latter is a substitute for Incroquat BTMS-50. We we we so excited! I'll be doing some serious experimenting when that comes in, and you'll hear all about it! (Anything that can reduce our dependence upon Croda products is a bonus for me!) 

If you're looking for the black cocoa butter I mention in this sugar scrub bar, you can find it at Oshun (BC) or Creations from Eden (Alberta).

Please note, I bring you this information as a shopper at these suppliers, not because I've been compensated in any way to write about these new ingredients, and because I've seen comments or received e-mails asking about these ingredients! Remember, if you have a supplier you like, please visit the FAQ and comment in the appropriate section (scroll down to suppliers and comment in the post on your geographical area). Your opinion really matters! 

6 comments:

Always.Looking.4.1.More said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Always.Looking.4.1.More said...

Hi Susan!

Thanks for the supplier information, as I've been looking for the black cocoa butter.

I read Jessica's request about suppliers for stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, then she said she read in your blog that it's really the same as BTMS...(I think I interpreted that right, but if I'm wrong please correct me). I still want to try stearamidopropyl dimethylamine for myself but I don't see any suppliers selling it. Please tell us where we can find a supplier of it.

Tara said...

Wahoo for Voyageur!

SKNgirl said...

I just thought I'd let you know that Ingredients To Die For has stearamidopropyl dimethylamine (at ingredientstodiefor.com)

Littlebird said...

Yay Voyageur!!! I am loving the new micas! Drama Queen is a stunning deep red! And it works in both my soap and non soap creations!

Always.Looking.4.1.More said...

Thanks SKNgirl for the info!!