Sunday, June 17, 2012

Please be patient...

...because I can't necessarily respond to your comment or question immediately. I try my best, but every morning I have to make a decision - do I write posts, experiment in the workshop, or respond to one person's emails? More often than not, I choose to write posts or experiment in the workshop because that maximizes what I can share with you, my wonderful readers. 

I cannot stress this enough - if you want me to troubleshoot a product you've made, please send me the recipe and process you followed. From this day onwards, I won't answer any troubleshooting e-mails that don't include that information, and I won't be writing to you to ask you to send that information. If you don't want to share your recipe because it's a business secret, then please don't ask me for help. I do not consult for businesses, unpaid or paid, as I simply don't have time. 

Please check out the links to lists on the right hand side of the page for help. Or do a search. Or consult the ingredients list. Please do not send me three copies of the same e-mail because I haven't responded in a few days. Please continue to share your successes and ideas for posts or just to say a friendly "hello"! I love hearing your success stories and your experiences with my recipes or others! That's the stuff that makes this blog such a fun thing to write. 


Ruth said...

I just want to say how much I love your blog.
It is one of the first things I do in the mornings.
To see what wonderful ideas, you have for us.
You are always saying, take one of my recipes, add ingred. that you would like to try, and make it your own. I am so new to doing that, once or twice, I guess I added ingred. that were not compatible with each other, and it did not turn out as well as I planned.
But just recently, I used your basic lotion recipe as my launching pad...again...and it think I came up a winner this time. My granddaughter and I have trouble with itchy knuckles, that can become irritated.
I have used these ingred. before, but never all together. So I decided to make a lotion using them all..Here is just a few of the extra type ingred. I used, other than the normal ingred. I used 1/2 & 1/2 distilled water and aloe vera juice, goat milk power, hydrolyzed oat extract, panthenol powder, helichrysum extract, shea & mango butter, olive squalane, hempseed oil, evening primrose oil, borage seed oil.
It is feeling wonderful on our skin..
Not to oily, sinks into our skin, in good time.
And has a wonderful consistency, does well in a pump bottle or squeeze bottle.
I just want to thank you, for giving me the courage to try, if it fails, try again.
Thank You again..for those morning classes..
I love them..

Julie said...

Good for you Susan! If someone has the audacity to ask you for help but refuses to send the recipe, then they deserve to be ignored. Ugh, people like that irk me.
Btw- I just wanna say I love your blog. Im sure I speak for everyone by saying this, I just really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us, just out of the goodness of your heart and without asking for anything in return. Bless you Susan, bless you.

catherine said...

Logistics question: if we have a question/comment about one of your older blog posts should we put it there? In other words, are you alerted re comments to old blog posts the same way as for comments to new blog posts?

Or would email be better for questions/comments to old blog posts?

Fyi I'm intrigued by your 'bar' recipes, which I think date back to 2010.

Thanks for all the great info. I'm hooked...haven't bought a store lotion or soap since I started studying your blog and gathering the ingredients.

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Catherine! By all means, comment away! I am alerted to any comments on the blog!

Thank you for your kind words, Ruth and Julie!