Friday, June 22, 2012

Emulsifiers: Eye cream with Ritamulse SCG

I know many people - including my mom and best friend - want me to make an eye cream...and I kinda did. I've been using this recipe for Ritamulse SCG in a hand lotion as an eye cream and I love it! When I make it again, I'll leave out the mango butter and beeswax and add another dry feeling oil - perhaps evening primrose oil or borage at 7%. Or I might increase the calendula oil to 5% and add my dry feeling oil at 5%. I'm not sure what combination I might make, but I'm seriously loving this as an eye cream!

Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Musicmom said...

Hello Swift crafty Monkey!

I decided to give this a go. I made a lotion based on your ritamulse hand lotion and am using it as an eye cream. I added calendula hydrosol, babassu, jojoba and camellia oil and I used rice bran wax instead of the beeswax. I only had cetyl alcohol so used that but don't seem to mind the slippiness around my eyes. I also added helichrysum extract. Everything else I kept the same as your hand lotion. I have to say I love it! It feels substantive but not tacky and sinks in in a reasonable time. I have not used ritamulse before and I have to say it was unsettling, after heating and holding, when I poured the water phase into the oil phase and the chemical emulsion just didn't look as exciting as with the other emulsifiers I have used. However after a bit of mixing and cooling things suddenly turned around. Phew! Is this normal? Anyway it's still holding, yay! Thank you so much for your wonderful recipes and this great idea! I love it!

Musicmom said...

Oh and I left out the butter.