Sunday, June 24, 2012

A couple of administrative things...

I don't know if you noticed, but in the FAQ I noted that if you asked an awesome question, I might send the writer an e-book...but the last few have been posted as anonymous. You don't have to have a Blogger account when you post, but could you put your name your comment? Something like Cheers, Jane! or With Malice, Bobby! It's nice to know who I'm talking to, and it would be nice to be able to send you a thank you for inspiring me to write something!

If you're getting my posts by e-mail, thanks for registering, but could you please visit the blog every once in a while for statistical reasons? I've noticed that my documented readership has dropped slightly since I put in that service, and it would be nice to know how many people are actually reading the posts instead of trying to figure out how many e-mail subscriptions are out there and adding those things together!

Finally, comment on any post you like, regardless of date. I get a notice letting me know someone has commented on a post, so I know it's there. Just try to keep it in a relevant post!

Hope you're having a great Sunday!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Susan, I subscribed to email notification but have unsubscribed now because we don't get your email notification until late evening and I can read your blog in the morning! regards Loretta in Australia

Ruth said...

i have not subscribed to email..
your blog, is one of the first things I check
in the morning..
i love checking it, with a cup of coffee in hand..
that is my morning ritual..

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan

I'm a reader of ur blog but I didn't subscribe anything ;)

Pearlyn

Bunny said...

Is the e-mail subscription the standard RSS feed subscription sent by e-mail? (I could only see the RSS feed on the page)

You should be able to truncate the posts in RSS feeds, so that only part of the article is sent via e-mail. Then if the person is interested in reading the rest, they'll have to come to your blog.

That would also be an interesting way for you to find out what people are most interested in! :-)

melian1 said...

i'm one of the guilty ones. since i've been getting them via email, i've become careless about coming to the blog itself. will change that habit immediately, and visit every day from now on.

please don't truncate them! if for some reason i cannot get here, i'd still like to have the article.

Cas said...

Hi.

I subscribe to your email list. When you wrote "it would be nice to know how many people are actually reading the posts instead of trying to figure out how many e-mail subscriptions are out there and adding those things together" I decided to write this comment and offer a little advice. You may be interested in looking at Mailchimp as an email service provider. I use their service myself and I can tell you that it takes away the mystery of knowing who is opening your emails and clicking on your links.

Anyway, thanks for all the useful information.

Mychelle said...

This is my first stop of the day as well, every day. :). Though sometimes I tell myself to check later because you deserve to sleep in once in a while!