Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bath salts? Lovely soak or cannibalizer?

It seems like face eating is all the rage this week thanks, in part, to a new drug called Bath Salts. Bath Salts (the drug) has nothing to do with bath salts, the bath & body product. It's a brand name for a drug called methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV). Banned in the States, it's fully legal in Canada, but Parliament is rushing to ban it, although I don't think that will stop people from trying this new and exciting stimulant that turns you into Jeffrey Dahmer.

So rest assured, using bath salts (bath & body product) is generally made from Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) or fine sea salts (sodium chloride), and soaking in them will not make you a vicious cannibal. It will make your skin feel nice and possibly relax your muscles. It will not make you want to feast on your neighbour.

Be careful about the urban legends you might hear about this drug. Someone was telling me the modern day equivalent of the acid eating babysitter who tries to microwave the baby the other day, although she assured me that the video was on YouTube. (I didn't do a search...)

Worried about a zombie apocalypse? (Click on the link only if you have a strong stomach. I'm feeling really sick now!) This should make you feel slightly better.  "...spokesman David Daigle recently emailed the Huffington Post stating, "CDC does not know of a virus or condition that would reanimate the dead (or one that would present zombielike symptoms)."" (Check out this link to the Vancouver Sun.) As someone who is fully convinced that zombies walk amongst us based on the three almost car accidents I've had in the last year with other drivers who don't even react, this assurance has no effect on me! 

3 comments:

Nancy Liedel said...

Quick, click here and laugh, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOlznuyPOeM

All they wanna do is eat your brains. :)

Thanks for these links. I'm glad I popped back today to do some research.

Mychelle said...

My husband could not understand how anyone was getting high off of my bath salt. He thought he had figured out why I like a good soak so much! Nope, not the same. The the zombie apocalypse is coming, we better be prepared.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

Girl you so crazy bout Jeffrey Dahmer I laughed so hard I didn't know what to do with myself! hehehehehe On a more serious note, the victim of the attack Mr. Poppo is homeless and the organization neighbors4neighbors.org is taking donations for his life care and medical care.