Friday, March 23, 2012

Shrinky Dinks are awesome! (And they didn't attack my hair this time!)

Hey everyone! It's been a crazy few weeks around here - it's Spring Break right now for the kids and I've had another math midterm - and I hope things will get back to normal this weekend so I can start making, researching, and posting again! I miss you! I am trying to get to your emails and comments, but I get very little time at the laptop in the mornings - I wake up 6 and I'm out the door at 7! I'll do my best to answer what I can this weekend. You might see your email as a blog post as it might be something that will interest everyone!

I thought I'd post some pictures from our latest adventure at craft group - Shrinky Dinks! These are templates I've put together for the kids over the last few years. As you can see, the Pokemon and Mario templates are very popular! (I just finished my Mario related bracelet with the addition of Shy Guy!) If you are interested in my template pages - I think there's about 10 different ones with the Nintendo things, sushi, cute pandas, and more! - let me know, and I shall link them to this post.

Here's a post on making tags for your pets out of Shrinky Dinks. The concept is the same for making non-pet tag related items!

If you need a tutorial on how to make these into jewellery, click here for the jewellery making post with links and a hand out!

If you want to read the post about how Shrinky Dinks hurt my hair so you can get the reference to the subject line, click here. It's a cautionary tale about why you should tie your hair back when crafting!

And yes, Sherlock - the BBC show - is very popular with my youth groups! Click here to see pictures of otters that look like Benedict Cumberbatch

No comments: