Monday, February 6, 2012

Newbie Tuesday: Tomorrow's project

Are you ready for tomorrow's project? We're making body butter! I want to let you know in advance that this body butter isn't a super thick one - I would consider it a medium to thick cream - but I hope it works as a starting point for future body butters and creams you might like to make.

I'm hoping to get the video edited in time, but it might not happen until later this week. I'll let you know! 

Have I mentioned how proud I am of you wonderful newbies? You're trying new things and taking risks and learning to fish for yourself! Just think about it - you made a lotion! You made a freakin' lotion from scratch! And it's awesome! (And probably all used up a week or two later, eh?)

See you tomorrow!


Alex said...

made my body butter and i love it!!

to thicken it up would you just increase the amount of butter and decrease the amount of water? or would you be better off using a harder butter? and yes, my first lotion from a couple of weeks ago is all used up!! i've been scouring your facial products posts because i want to make a face moisturizer next!! :-D


the ladybug said...

I recently purchased your e-book lotion making 201. I've always wanted to formulate my own recipe and you've helped me to do just that! Ive always used other recipes. I made my own body butter using percentages and I'm excited! It turned out great but, (there's always a but) I may have over whipped it. It's more like a souffle. I used my mixer and put it in the freezer to cool it down. My recipe included stearic acid and sodium lactate along with dimethecone. It's a little draggy on my legs. Butters were mango and cocoa butter. Any advice?

Alex said...

Also, does anyone know of a comprehensive list that describes what ingredients are eye safe, lip safe, etc? i found some info on the FDAs website, but not anything too detailed. did i miss it on this site somewhere? thanks!! :-D