Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy new year!

I hope 2012 brings you love, laughter, peace, and happiness, as well as a thirst for knowledge! I think we need to declare 2012 the year of curiosity, as being curious leads us down all kinds of wonderful and interesting paths!

Okay, I know 2012 is the year of dragon in Chinese mythology and the year the world explodes or something - on my birthday, December 21st, no less! - but I'm declaring it the year of curiosity! 

I've noticed so many people stating that they've never made a lotion, but they'd like to in 2012, so let's make that happen! What's holding you back from making that first cream, lotion, moisturizer, or other emulsified thing? Why haven't you taken the plunge yet? What barriers stand in your way and how can we remove them? I'll gather your thoughts and turn it into some kind of series on this blog so you can make that first lotion and feel the same addiction...I mean, fondness for the craft that I have!

Do you have any resolutions you want to share?

I'm making more time for crafting in my life!  I want to learn how to sew something tailored for Raymond. I want to conquer the sleeve and not fear making shirts. I want to learn how to make CP soap (liquid or bar). I want to be less procrastination-y when it comes to doing things like writing up the schedule for craft group or preparing grant proposals. I need to further refine my boundaries and continue to say no and not feel guilty about it! There are more...but they're not very interesting (yet another year of committing to not brushing my teeth as hard!)

Welcome to 2012, the year of curiosity!


Anonymous said...

Same to you dear Susan. All the best!


Anonymous said...

Hello dear Susan,
I found your blog and i am loving it. Happy new year!!!

Anonymous said...

Here is how i found your blog and why. I am biracial and i have a tangled, frizzy and dry hair. I don't like to relax it completly because it does not look good on me, so i want to manage it in a way that satisfy me.I do rellax it every 2 other month just to get it more manageable and then i want a leave in conditioner that will curl it and weight down. I started to search online for how to make leave in conditioner, that's how i found you and the Personal Formulator. I bought i feel ingredients could you help me create the lotion me frizzy hair so desperately need? By the way your blog is very informative and inspiring.

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Rosi. Have you tried a few of the recipes in the hair care section? If so, which ones and what didn't you like about them? What did you want to tweak? If you haven't tried the recipes, I suggest trying a few and keep notes on what you like and don't like, then posting back here so we can do some tweaking! Happy new year!

Anya said...

Happy New Year to you too, Susan! Love ur blog...Stay amazing!