Sunday, November 27, 2011

Formulating and creating lotions: The new e-book is here!

Thank you to everyone who offered their suggestions about the new e-book! It's finally here - Formulating and Creating Lotions! I've designed this to be a second level lotion making e-book with information for those of us are experienced at making lotions and wanting to start formulating our own emulsified products from scratch.

I have included everything I know about making lotions, including the template recipes, the process of making great lotions, modifying and tweaking those recipes,  creating drier feeling products, learning how to substitute, as well as making minimally processed products (aka natural products) and more information than you wanted on the HLB system. I've included questions and comments from readers like you, and I've tried to include some pictures that might be helpful (although you all know I'm not the greatest photographer!). And I've included a ton of information on working with esters, including ingredient write-ups and recipe ideas. In short, I've tried to pack everything I know about making lotions and creams into this 224 page e-book!

Click here if you want to take a look at the table of contents! And look to your right to see the other e-books I've written! (Back to Basics, Hair Care Products, and Lotion Making 101!) 

If you donate $26.00 to our Rated T for Teen youth programs, I'll send you out a copy of this e-book by e-mail as our thanks for your generosity! I'll also be sending out the charts that came with the Lotion Making 101 e-book as well as a sample HLB calculator in Excel format!

As a note, if you want it sent to someone else as a present, for instance, please note this in the comments section. And include anything else you want in the comments section - although I'll know you're donating for this book based on the donation amount of $26.00.





To those of you who have donated in the past - thank you so much! Every single penny from these e-books goes to support our youth programs. It is because of your kindness that we can continue our programs! And to those of you considering donating, thank you for considering us. I can never convey how grateful we are for your support!

What does your $26 buy for our groups? Xacto knives, scissors, glue sticks, pencils, pens, paper, and everything else we need for this week's card making group. It purchased buttons for last week's fun with fleece group and next week's beeswax so the kids can make Christmas presents.

What's next? I'm taking a few days off writing before I start the facial products e-book that is begging to be written! Then the mineral make-up e-book! 

31 comments:

Tara said...

Can't wait!

Nedeia said...

wow, great !!! I just placed my donation :)

one other question: for the hair care eBook, do you plan any update soon? including the comments as well? :-)

Nedeia

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

I'm not sure what I could update in the hair care book: I'm open to suggestions. I think it was a great idea to include the suggestions, and I will do it in the future, but it's a ton of work to write an update just to include comments. I mean a ton of work....we're talking days and days at the computer. I do think there are new things I could include - new ingredients, some new recipes, and so on - but I don't think it's something I can get to in the near future!

Tara said...

Loving the fact that your ebooks are featured at Lotioncrafters! I also got the word out on Creation from Eden's Facebook page, to let her customers know!

moosie said...

So cool to see you featured on lotiocrafter!!! I love your books and can't wait to get this one

Laura said...

I see you only said this about 3 months ago. Shoot, really looking forward to that one.

Any ETA on it. Yeah I know writing books is not easy.

Lily Moon said...

just made donation for the Formulating 101 e book.. I've been formulating in the dark mostly, a lot of trial and error. Very excited about the comprehensive information in the table of contents.

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. I'm still working on the facial care book - lots of experimenting in the workshop and working with new ingredients going on - but I'm hoping it'll be ready shortly!

Hi Lily Moon. I think you might have ordered the 201 e-book...

Lily Moon said...

Hi Susan - Your right, I'm hoping to receive the 2nd level formulating book.. Sorry for any confusion.

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Lily Moon! I sent it to you about 90 minutes ago! Hope you enjoy it!

MP said...

Hi

I've just made my donation. Waiting to receive your book :)
Madhura

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi MP. Please check your e-mail for a message from me.

MP said...

Hi Susan
My credit card has debited the amount. I don't know why paypal hasnt paid you yet. Can you let me know what message you got from Paypal.

Regards
MP

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Madhura. Please check your e-mail for my message. I'm re-sending it this morning.

Tammy said...

Just donated! Looking forward to furthering my education. ;)

Frederica said...

Hi Susan,
I think you are fantastic and what you are doing for the youth is inspirational. It gives me ideas about what I may be able to start up in my community. I just donated for the lotions 101 ebook and the Formulating and creating lotions
ebook . I'm very happy to say I recieved the first ebook but am wondering when I'll recieve the second. Can you tell me when I can expect it. I am excitedly looking forward to formulating something today from some actives I've ordered from the lotioncrafter web site.:) warm regards Frederica

Farida said...

Hi Susan,

I have just donated for the Formulating and creating lotions
ebook and Im so looking forward to it. I think you are so kind to share with us your invaluable knowledge :)

Warm Regards
Farida

Marycolette said...

I want to make donations to access all the e-books, how can i do that since am in Nigeria?

Anonymous said...

Tammy said:(sorry I don't have a google acct to sign in)
I just made a donation, how do I access all the e-books? I am so looking forward to reading them and gaining much understanding from your knowledge on this subject :)

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Tammy. Thanks for the donation! I have to send the e-book by e-mail, so I have to be at my computer to send it. I had a little sleep-in this morning as my back is very sore, so I've only just sent it.

Sheri Peters said...

I just donated and am very excited to get the book. When can I expect to get it.

Megan Mischke said...

Sent my donation but used my husbands pay pal account. I put my email address in the comments section. Eager to get reading. Thank you for your consideration, Megan.

eric lam said...

Eric said: Just submit my donation. After finish reading Lotion Making 101, I can't wait for reading this book. :) Thank you for sharing your invaluable experience!

Bo2Aye said...

Hi Susan,
I would like to make a donation for this book but i can't use paypal from my country (Myanmar). I have a credit card which i can use online. So kindly let me know how can i make the donation for you?

Bo Bo Aye.

Neil said...

Just donated for a good cause, education! Look forward to receive your book.

Susan M. said...

Donating for all of these books - wonderful information, and a wonderful cause! Thank you!

Joana Estêvão said...

I really enjoy the afford, cause and detailed information, unfortunately i was expecting a bit more natural recipes and ingredients. To be honest i don´t see the point in doing lotion full of things that i can´t even read. But all good! Thank you and hope you the best. :)

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Joana! The point of that ebook is to teach you how to create your own lotions from scratch using whatever ingredients you wish. You can make it as minimally processed as you want once you get what each ingredient brings to the mix. If you use the basic lotion recipe, you can substitute just about anything you want and have in your workshop! In that basic recipe, what did you find unnatural? What do you consider natural? Why couldn't you use your preferred ingredients in place of the generic ones I suggest?!

rockiin.chick said...

I would love to donate to your cause and receive your e-book on how to make lotions. My question to you would be what if someone wanted to make thicker fluffier creams as well, would this book be helpful? Also I would like something as natural as possible but would the creams still have a shelf life minus the long-named chemicals?

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi rock iin.chick! The goal of this ebook is to teach you how to make your own lotions and creams from scratch, so you can use any ingredients you want in them. This ebook is intended for s reader who is experienced in making lotions and wants to learn how to make her own from scratch. If you're a beginner, check out the Lotion making 101 ebook instead. And take a look at the newbie section for my basic recipe to see the ways you could adapt recipes for your particular philosophy.

NN said...

I loved reading "lotionmaking 101" and now I'm happily waiting to get your next book " Formulating and creating lotions". Thanks a lot.