Monday, October 31, 2011

Cetrimonium chloride in Canada! Hooray!

Randi of Creations of Eden now has cetrimonium chloride in stock! Yay!

Please note: I'm not affiliated with any retailers or suppliers and I share this information with you, my wonderful readers, so you can find ingredients you might want. I receive no renumeration of any sort by sharing this with you. I just want you to find ingredients! 


Leman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leman said...

I was trying to find Cetrimonium Chloride in the UK. I found two places but the INCI names differ and so does the price. Are these the same thing?

ofasimplenature: INCI:Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride

Aromantics: INCI: Stearamidopropyl morpholine lactate


Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Leman. The cetyl trimethyl ammonium chloride is cetrimonium chloride or cetac. I have no idea what the other ingredient might be!

Leman said...

Thank you for the clarification Susan.
I thought I read somewhere on your blog where you linked Cetrimonium Chloride in UK to this product (balsam conditioner) from Aromantic. I have been searching your blog for that info and I found it here now:

Also, I have been to one of Aromantic's courses and they use this product for a conditioner that I really liked and when I read about Cetrimonium Chloride linked to this I thought they were the same thing but I got confused because of the different INCI names and thought I should check with you.

Leman said...

Hi again Susan,

I was reading my last post and realised it didn't make much sense! I was trying to say that in your post below you are making reference to purchasing Cetrimonium Chloride in UK and the link you you supply is this product from Aromantic which is Stearamidopropyl morpholine lactate


7slaper said...

It was me who posted the link to Aromantics two years ago. At that time they had cetac (the INCI was the right one), but called it conditioner. I was as frantically searching for cetac as you are now, and was most happy to find it at Aromantics. Last year I needed to restock and it was gone, swapped forthe new product.
Luckily Sarah started to sell cetac shortly after.

BTW I did send an update about that to you Susan, together with a more extensive list of EU cosmetic ingredients suppliers. Must have skipped your attention, you are always such a busy bee!
I admire your energy and love your blog. :)

Now I'm desperately searching for a supplier of esters in the EU. Would be thankful for a hint.

happy formulating ladies :D


Leman said...

Hi Eucalypta,
Thank you for the update! Yes luckly Sarah from ofasimplenature sells cetac. I can understand your frustration re esters I couldn't find any in UK.
best wishes

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Eucalypta! I just found your list and I'll be posting it shortly - I hope that's okay! I've updated that Aromantic doesn't have cetac. I'm afraid I don't know where to find esters - but let's put it out there and see if other readers know!

I've posted the list and your request for ester information in this post! Thanks again so much for the list - I'm sorry I missed it!