Sunday, September 11, 2011

Why we don't heat & hold in the same container

This question came up in yesterday's post about mixing - why don't we heat and hold in the same container? Here's a post I wrote on the topic just before Christmas last year. The summary? We use separate containers to get better emulsification and less artificial emulsification.

Sorry for the short post today, but I have a ton of things to get done before work/school this week, like making granola bars, inari (to freeze), clothes washing, and so on. I was supposed to get it done yesterday, but we offered a craft group in the morning and went swimming in the afternoon! Then I slept for 12 hours, which has really messed up perspective on time! 

2 comments:

Rebecca King said...

I originally heat and held in separate containers because my mixing container would not fit in my oven without rearranging the racks. An accidentally correct decision!

Nedeia said...

Dear Swift,

I'm the one who asked the question in the first place :) Glad to hear your explanation - your blog is HUGE so it could have taken me too many hours to find the right answer!

Thank you,
Nedeia