Saturday, July 9, 2011

Questions, questions, questions!

I haven't had time to answer your comments and e-mails lately, so I'm going to take the next few days to get to quite a few of them. If you have a question that you've been dying to pose, e-mail me or post them in this comment and I'll see what I can do. I'm trying to do some experimenting with our why did I buy that again ingredients, and I'll have those up next week!

If you want to add an ingredient you own to the why did I buy that again? list, click here


Vivian Johnson said...

HI! i found you on craftster and you been a big help with tons of questions i had... i have spent tons of money on ebooks on mineral makeup that were very bare... and i have learned so much more on your blog! so thank you for taking your time and doing this! as for my question... my MMU is very sheer and i want it very vibrant... and i dont know what to do... do you think you could help?
my email is

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Vivian. If you click here, you'll find all my posts on MMU, and within that label information on how to make various bases for various products that will be brighter, matter, shinier, and so on. The vibrancy for something like eye shadow is generally about using a translucent base and more vibrant micas. Look for my alternate eye shadow base for a recipe like this.

Marmalade Hills said...

Hi Susan! Your blog has been a HUGE help for me as well. But I'm still struggling with my lotion formulation. I have lotion that I'm trying to duplicate and I have finished result of my own formulation (which I love, but in a different way). Can you help me to tweak my formula to get it as close as possible to the first lotion? Do you offer such services? I would be more than happy to send you both versions and compensate you for your time and expertise. Please let me know if you can help me. Thanks so much for your precious time! Liana.

Susan Barclay-Nichols said...

Hi Liana! Sorry for the late answer but it's been a crazy month or two!

I'm happy to help with a recipe and I won't charge for the services (although a donation to my youth group is always welcome :-)!) Send them to me and I'll see what I can do!

Marmalade Hills said...

It is my turn to apologize for late response :) Thanks so much for your response! You'll be hearing back from me next week! Have fun on your camping trip! Liana.