Monday, October 4, 2010

Canadian supplier information

I've been talking to Randi from Creations from Eden (Edmonton) about getting some ingredients we Canadians would normally have to get over the border, and I thought I'd write a post to gauge the interest in those products. Right now she's considering sodium stearate, cetrimonium chloride, and SCI with stearic acid. What do you think? Are you interested in these products?

Secondly, Monica at Aquarius Aroma & Soap (Mission, B.C.) is getting in more Jordapon prill (also known as SCI without stearic acid) but she needs to see some interest in the product before considering re-stocking. I know I'll be stocking up shortly - it's on sale! - but I only get a kilogram or two per year!

Are there products you'd love to see our Canadian suppliers carrying? (I know I want cetrimonium chloride, more surfactant choices, and some esters!) Make your suggestions in the comments and I'll get them to the suppliers!


Anonymous said...

I would also like to see SCI with stearic (I have dry hair and would like to try this), cetrimonium chloride, honeyquat, and the water-soluble oils (esters).

I just recently purchases a pound of Jordapon prilled from Aquarius and will probably order more shortly as I already have another wishlist!

Tara said...

Great idea for a post! Definitely more surfactants (the gentler ones), and I love Cetac and Honeyquat! I would like more water-soluble fragrances as well.