Sunday, August 29, 2010

We're on the road again!

Raymond and I are taking a much deserved camping holiday on the Oregon coast, leaving today and we might be back on Thursday or Friday (we haven't decided yet). It's going to be a little cold, but I understand Portland is a mecca for us crafty types, so there's much fun to be a had. We need to buy some sleeping bags and a cooler, then we're on our way.

Any suggestions for fun on the coastal or Portland areas? Crafty shops, interesting stores, good food? Comment as I will be checking while we're away!

In the meantime, I'm still posting every day, but won't be able to respond to your comments or e-mails until I return. So keep them spam and obscenity free and everyone'll be happy! (I will be checking my mail and the blog on my iPod and if there's too much garbage, I'll have to move to moderating the posts, so everyone play nice!)

See you when we get back!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip. Eugene in Oregon is a very fine place to stop and see.

overtherainbow

Meaue said...

Hey - you're coming to my part of the world! The Oregon coast is beautiful (maybe a little chilly). Have a wonderful and safe trip! Let us know what you ended up doing.

Mich said...

According to family members who currently reside there, Portland is "AWESOME!"

They have tried to woo me out there with talk of a "massive bead store" and "amazing book stores", but I have yet to visit.

Hope you have a great time! (I know you will if you find crafty mecca!) Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Mich

Anonymous said...

Just south of Lincoln City is a restaurant called "The Dory Cove". It's on 101. The clam chowder is to die for as is the rest of anything I have ever eaten there.
The ice cream at the Tillamook cheese factory is good. The cheese is cheaper at the grocery store in town.

Bella Bath and Body said...

Portland is great! Powell's is the best bookstore in the world! Grand Central Bakery is wonderful for bread. If you can go to Tillamook, the factory is always fun to visit. And if you make it to Newport, the Original Mo's is a great place to have lunch. :)