Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Back to basics: Wrap up and link-o-rama

I hope you've enjoyed this series of posts on anhydrous products. These recipes are great for beginners or those who wish to avoid using preservatives. And if you're a veteran, why not try your hand at these products again? I know I've been reminded of how decadent a rich, whipped butter can feel or how nice an oil based spray can feel on my slightly damp skin after showering.

Links to anhydrous products...
Whipped butters (aka anhydrous body butters)
Lotion bars - all the links
Balms - choosing your oils and butters
Balms - a new recipe idea
Balms - tweaking the new recipe idea
Balms - let's get complicated
Bath bombs
Bath melts
Dispersing bath oils
Oil based body sprays
Oil based body sprays with exotic oils
Solid scrub bars
Oil based scrubs
Modifying the oil based scrub

And a few informational posts...
An aside on melting butters
Using essential oils
Link to oil and butter link-o-rama

If you've caught the formulating bug, why not try making a lotion? You've already purchased oils and butters, all you need now is an emulsifier, a preservative, perhaps a thickener and a humectant, and before you know it, you'll have a body butter or cream you love! Here's my link to my introduction to lotion making, although I must warn you again that this is such an addictive hobby!  (Please click here for my link on how to tell if you've found a good recipe.) And here's my link to a PDF on lotion making!

Join me tomorrow for a short series on the chemistry of our nails!


Laura said...

Thanks so much - this has been a great series!

regfmcd said...

Thank you so much. You make it so easy to understand.