Sunday, June 27, 2010

We be camping!

We're on a four day road trip of super holiday camping fun, leaving this morning for the wonderful Potholes State Park near Moses Lake, Washington and returning late on July 1st. We'll be enjoying some fire roasted food, lots of swimming, a short trip for shopping in Spokane, a lot of Dungeons & Dragons, and way too much laughter.

I've written a few posts in advance, and although I won't be around to answer any questions or comments during this time, please feel free to write or post comments! I'll be sure to respond as soon I can on the 2nd or 3rd. (I will have my iPod with me, and I'll be checking at WiFi points to make sure people aren't posting spam or ads for seabuckthorn related products, so you've been warned!)

I love camping! I'm not really the most outdoors-y girl in the world, but I love swimming and roasting things over the fire (not marshmallows - they get way too gooey and sticky!), sitting up late, watching the stars, talking about politics and other controversial subjects, and generally hanging out with my friends. I love sitting in the morning with my cup of tea, doing a crossword puzzle, and enjoying the sounds of nature. I love going 'sploring with my friends, seeing new places, finding cool hamburger stands or out of the way craft stores. In short, I do love an adventure! (And yes, I am bringing one of my cosmetic textbooks and my math homework with me! It's fun!)

How are you spending your first long weekend of the summer?

4 comments:

p said...

Have an terrific time, Susan, and roast some whole sweet potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil in the embers of your campfire - amaaaazing....

Mich said...

Oh, I am reconstructing our deck. Power tools are fun, but somehow I think your week will be better than ours...ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

Excellent. one of the best articles I have every read. This is the information which I have been searching. Great information.creailtuobusiness |

Anonymous said...

I am really glad to be here.I hope to see more great articles here in the future too so keep it up and good luck to all of you!Creative Business |