Saturday, May 1, 2010

Yarrow craft group: Melt & pour soap

I hope you enjoyed making melt & pour soap today! I'm sure you can see the possibilities for making your own soap molds using silicone ice cube trays, chocolate molds, and containers from around the house.

If you are interested in melting & pouring at home, click here for the instructions from today's class!

If you want to find melt & pour soap to purchase, you can visit these shops (the links are on the right)
Voyageur Soap & Candle (Surrey): This is where I bought the soap for today's class. We used the crystal clear and the super white soap.
Suds & Scents (Abbotsford): Tanna's soaps are lovely and she carries the crystal clear and super white.
Aquarius (Mission): I love their cocoa butter and shea butter soaps for more moisturizing soaps!
Michael's (Abbotsford): I am not a fan of their soap. It's really expensive compared to the other shops, and I find it sweats a lot. This is a huge pain because you'll come back to your soap the next day to find it is covered in glycerin. If you are going to go all the way to Abbotsford to get soap, give Tanna a call and pick it up from her.

DON'T FORGET! If you're really enjoying making soap or other bath & body projects from our classes, I have a ton of fragrance oils I can share with you for free! Just let me know and I can drop them off at the Yarrow library or bring it to one of the groups! 

Here are some links to tutorials on my site and other sites for melt & pour soap!
Maki roll! Try making sushi soap.
Nigiri roll! Layered soap or individual pieces.
The Soap Queen has tons of great ideas for melt & pour soap, including flexible soap, layered soaps, and fun molds. And if you like visual tutorials, you'll love her videos.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love your mini Ikea soap molds! :)