Thursday, March 11, 2010

Science-y thought for the day...

I'm always fascinated by what we don't know about stuff. We can put a man on the moon and create robots and describe in minute detail how someone dies of a heart attack, but we do not know the complete breakdown of all the chemical compounds found in garlic or what makes up 85% of the bacteria in our intestines or how trans-epidermal water loss happens or the process of desquamation. Wow!


Topcat said...

I know, right?

Just wanted to add I have only recently found your blog and have been reading back through your posts....thank you so much for all your wonderful information. I have recently stepped into the world of lotion making and your knowledge has made it relatively easy for me to formulate my...well, formulas! :)

SierraSnowSoaps said...

Through the last 16 years that my dad has been battling different kinds of cancer, I have had the same thoughts! They can send a man to the moon but can't cure cancer.
How come?
Michelle in NV

McLisa said...

Sierra, one reason is that (unfortunately) there are many kinds of cancer.
I'm still waiting for other stuff we were promised, like jetpacks and housecleaning robots.