Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The great (medical) Botox experiment - day 5

Well, I'm on day 5 of the great Botox experiment to rid my head of pain, and it seems to be working well. I have a little pain around my right ear, but I think that's because my lymph glands have swollen up and are putting pressure on the area. My eye brows still move - although I really have to think about it to get them to shift, and I'm not using them spontaneously when I talk. I wonder if I will become completely frozen by the end of the week? (It can take up to 1 week for the Botox to work completely, according to my neurologist!) Part of me thinks it would be funny to not be able to move my forehead for three months; the other part doesn't want to be a zombie faced weirdo who can't express herself.

The whole Botox thing for pain is interesting because it doesn't freeze your muscles, it relaxes them, hence the usage in this context. So far, I'm liking the pain relief. I'm getting the other side done shortly, so I guess that's when my ability to speak with my eye brows is over, eh?

As another aside, I am using "eh" a lot. It's funny because I use it all the time, but I only really notice it when I'm in England or the States! I best be off now - I just bought a double double (tea) and have a lie down on the Chesterfield for a while I listened to my newly purchased album of Rush's greatest hits. (When we came back through the border from North Dakota, the first thing I asked the woman at the Manitoban tourist information office was "Where's the nearest Timmy's?" and she knew the exact route!

No comments: