- Anti-inflammatory and anti-reddening: polysaccharides, ß-sitosterol, salicylic acid
- Anti-itching: ß-sitosterol
- Anti-reddening: ß-sitosterol, anthraquinones
- UV protection (during and after sun exposure): anthraquinones, ß-sitosterol
- Anti-oxidant: flavones
- Barrier protection: polysaccharides
- Moisturizing: polysaccharides, ß-sitosterol, choline.
Special note: When I talk about using aloe vera in my products, I am referring to aloe vera liquid, not aloe vera gel. There are two types of aloe vera gel - one that you get directly from the plant, and one that we buy at our suppliers that is thickened by a carbomer. Both of these will thicken your product more than I want, so I will suggest that you use aloe vera liquid or aloe vera powder 200:1.